Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
fujita hands down. My trophy from drag racing at longo event says it =) hahaha. seriously fujitas short ram is the best intake on the market. I've played w/ about a dozen already from my car and my friends cars. The fujita by design is the most efficient. pipe is short, filter is away from motor and there is little or no bends. That is the most efficient intake. =)

·
Registered
322 Posts
quadoptix said:
fujita hands down. My trophy from drag racing at longo event says it =) hahaha. seriously fujitas short ram is the best intake on the market. I've played w/ about a dozen already from my car and my friends cars. The fujita by design is the most efficient. pipe is short, filter is away from motor and there is little or no bends. That is the most efficient intake. =)
So would that, by definition, make the Injen short ram just as good, since it appears to be the exact design. Also the YDR?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
injen is the same...tho i had the injen before and i blew out my air sensor...the fujita hasnt ever given me that problem

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The Fujita and INJEN SRIs are NOT the same. There are differences and my thread on the Fujita SRI describes them.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Forget Weapon-R! The only good thing they have is the engine dampener. Get the Fujita! Much nicer and from friends that have owned multiply intakes, Fujita is the best.

·
Registered
322 Posts
squirrel said:
The Fujita and INJEN SRIs are NOT the same. There are differences and my thread on the Fujita SRI describes them.
Could you please tell us the difference, they looked the same when I saw them (accept for my CARB sticker, which made all the difference in my purchase of the injen over the fujita). I did a search, but I probably made an error and your post did not come up. I was also left w/the impression from the seller that the makers of the Fujita intake had some previous affiliation w/injen? As I said, this is only what I have seen and been told. If you have different info, by all means, I have no intent to mislead anyone.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
fcastle said:
Could you please tell us the difference, they looked the same when I saw them (accept for my CARB sticker, which made all the difference in my purchase of the injen over the fujita). I did a search, but I probably made an error and your post did not come up. I was also left w/the impression from the seller that the makers of the Fujita intake had some previous affiliation w/injen? As I said, this is only what I have seen and been told. If you have different info, by all means, I have no intent to mislead anyone.
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f28/244-f5-fujita-short-ram-intake/

·
Registered
322 Posts
So from the picture, the change is the type of filter and moving the hose behind the MAF. Is this going to have that great of an effect on the product? I am not sure what the hose is for so I don't know.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the YDR/Injen and Fujita, if their design is so simular all pull air from right behind the fog light, which is as cold as almost anywhere, I'd think. Plus, (I have the ydr, so I'm speaking of it) it's a striaght shot from filter to throttle body. The YDR isn't very noticable though.. hides away nice. You can hear it and feel it though (at least hearing it makes you think you feel it ;) )

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The price is right for the YDR at $85 with shipping, priority mail, I put it on both my boxes and the throttle seems to respond faster. Short header is next. Imhoping to pick up some gas millage.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I picked up MPG with the ydr at first, but the ECU seems to have reclaimed the oil company's rightful profits :'( Still, it sounds so good and pulls nice at like 3.25K rpms up. As long as people don't remind me my car's one of the slowest on the road, I almost forget ;)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
superjeer said:
I picked up MPG with the ydr at first, but the ECU seems to have reclaimed the oil company's rightful profits :'( Still, it sounds so good and pulls nice at like 3.25K rpms up. As long as people don't remind me my car's one of the slowest on the road, I almost forget ;)

OMG, come on now:rolleyes: Any new filter will give the best MPG because its clean :D As time goes by it builds up dirt and grime. Hence why they are cleanable. Not trying to be a chode, but thats pure common sense:D

F5 Fujita all the way baby!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.