Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just installed my weapon r intake manifold and takeda cold air intake on my 2013 scion xb

On first start up i had a check engine light(which also caused my traction light to turn on). I took it on a test drive on the freeway and the rpms stay at around 4k when im cruising at 60mph.

does anyone else have the weapon r intake manifold and have these problems?

could it be i might have messed up the MAF or secondary O2 sensor?

if anyone has any experience with these parts please get back to me.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,549 Posts
Without knowing what code the ECU is throwing this is a shot in the dark. That said the main reasons for a check engine light when doing the mods you did are almost always an issue with air flow. Double check all your connections to see if something is not seated properly, especially the MAF sensor. Any air getting into the system after the MAF sensor due to a leak is going to throw off your MAF readings and skew the A/F ratio. You really need to have the codes pulled so you know what the ECU thinks is wrong to try and determine where the problem is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without knowing what code the ECU is throwing this is a shot in the dark. That said the main reasons for a check engine light when doing the mods you did are almost always an issue with air flow. Double check all your connections to see if something is not seated properly, especially the MAF sensor. Any air getting into the system after the MAF sensor due to a leak is going to throw off your MAF readings and skew the A/F ratio. You really need to have the codes pulled so you know what the ECU thinks is wrong to try and determine where the problem is.
Thank you Greg, gonna double check my work maybe next week when I have the time again. For now its working the way I it need too to get it from point A to B since it is my daily car.

just one more question though, when I do get to it. How do i know the MAF sensor is sitting correctly? And how do I properly tighten down the manifold?

When I originally tightened the manifold i kind of just went around with a rough tighten first then came back to every bolt and tightened as much as i can

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,549 Posts
Visual inspection would be first. Make sure nothing looks like it's sitting slightly crooked. A smoke test would be better. Forcing smoke into the intake tube before the MAF and then seeing if it leaks out anywhere downstream from there. As for tightening the manifold the bolts should be torqued to spec. Tightening as much as you can may over-torque them and form slight gaps in between the bolts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visual inspection would be first. Make sure nothing looks like it's sitting slightly crooked. A smoke test would be better. Forcing smoke into the intake tube before the MAF and then seeing if it leaks out anywhere downstream from there. As for tightening the manifold the bolts should be torqued to spec. Tightening as much as you can may over-torque them and form slight gaps in between the bolts.
Hey greg so i had time today to check everything and i ended pulling the codes. Its throwing code P0328 saying its knock sensor 1 circuit high input.

any ideas on how to fix that? Or if i can even fix that on my own?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts