Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a few months ago, took about 45min. to install.
Need to remove bumper to install.

Things I noticed:

Doesn't do much for lookin' cool, Can't see it.
If you take the foglight cover it is right there to suck in air.
Gives a little sound.
Gives very little power.
Filter looks really cool, but it's hidden behind bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
I Have the same intake and i would recommend it. I did notice a difference in throttle reasponse right away and there ws a little power gain. and it does sound cool..

and to me for the hp gains and cost wise I think better deal than Injen. (but i am not saying i dont like Injen. Injen is good as well) Just get about same amount of HP gains think like 1 HP less but you can get the Weapon R for like 130.. I actually got mine brand new for 100. I have had mine for a year now. I have not had any issues

I didnt have to take the bumper off the install.. It may have been easier to do that but i didnt have to.. and it works kinda like a CAI.. because it curves towards ground at the end on the intake tube so when you accelerate (or just rev engine while parked) if you (or someone you know) has their hand under the bumper in front of the driver side wheel you can feel it sucking the air from the ground.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dtrain619 said:
So would you recommend it? Are you happy with it overall?
For the $130 shipped price tag, and others mentioned, yes I would recommend. If your lookin' for something to help your engine bay look cool, No.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.