Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
They are stock as can be. This XB hasnt been all teenagered out. The one pic you can see is the passenger seat notice the HUGE gap which does nothing for the passenger and the other one you can see the front edge of my visor on the right and notice how it does nothing at all either.
If the visor was designed to shade when driving into the sun. If it were long enough to span the door they would overlap and block the rearview mirror or the car would be 10 feet wide.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lol, I must be short cuz I feel his pain, haha. I added one of those flip out tinted visors to mine.
" Cuz it never rains in Southern California " - Tony Toni Tone

·
RIP Xbox :(
272 Posts
Is this real life? I'm 6' 1" and they're just fine for me. Wife is 5' 2" and they're just fine for her. As to the "teenagered out" comment.....

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 09:04 PM ----------

·
Registered
841 Posts
07-08 Yaris has sun visors with the slide-out side extensions. If it were really that big a deal to you, why not do a tiny bit of research, find a resolution, and then resolve the issue?
Just to add a little thought, even though I am a bit late to the discussion, is the fact that the 2nd gen xB has side curtain airbags. The 07-08 Yaris did not. The 09 Yaris had them added and guess what? No more visor extensions! I don't think it is a coincidence. I guess Scion was a bit more concerned about the safety of EVERYONE in the xB rather than just the comfort of a small few who would rather complain about the shortness of the visor rather than buy a decent set of sunglasses.
As for me, I'll take my "teenagered" out 1st gen, my "teenagered" out iQ, or my wife's "teenagered" out 2nd gen any day. I certainly wouldn't want to drive your 2nd gen. Your sun visors are too short. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
We should do a class action lawsuit against scion for making absolutly worthless sun visors LOL. We have a 2 ft wide window and a 12 inch visors that doesnt block a thing/ :D
Work fine for me. 6'4" here. They may even be too big.

In my old Nissan Sentra, I wanted to sue because the rear view mirror. It was at the perfect that if I came to stop sign, the vehicle waiting one the street to the right was blocked. So sometimes when in a hurry, I would glance over and see that it was clear but it was the rear reflection that was clear and not the intersection to the right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could it be that the Scion xB, which has (low) bucket seats in place of the bB's high set bench up front, needs deeper visors to compensate for the lower seats?
I've often thought that the visors on mine could be slightly shallower as they're right in front of my eyes when in use. I'm 6'2" but most of that is in my legs, my torso is disproportionately short so I drive with the seat at its maximum height which gives me the leg room needed and that's kind of how the bB is ideal for my weird proportions.

Would I sue Toyota? not a chance!
The main dealership is the only place that's willing to take on the maintenance tasks I can no longer deal with myself and they're able to get every single part at a very fair price, so legal action, even if the O/P hadn't intended the suggestion ironically:laugh:, would be unwise in my case. Besides, I reside in Northumberland, what is this "sun" of which you all speak?;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was thinking about tinting them but they already but it has a UV resistant film on them from the factory. Roll the window up and down you can feel the heat it repels.

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

Glad someone has a sense of humor lol. I just find it hard to believe no one else has that problem.
I have that problem too. But I have that problem in nearly every car because I have long legs and short arms. I prefer trucks, but I could afford the xB when I was shopping. I have usually have to lean to the A pillar gives me an assist from the stupid sun that sustains all life or some crap, so I've heard.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I got bored and after reading this whole post I have never thought about the VISOR being to small or 2 big !! I am 6'4" and have rarely ever used them !!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.