Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok...I have been studyiong on lots of car waxes...
carnauba wax, synthetic wax, paint sealant..etc.
i see zymol stuff rubbed in by hand, to aerosol can stuff sprayed on and buffed off...i wanna know your thoughts, especially the show car folks.

what do y'all use and why?
method of application?
how long it lasts?
hot or cold climate?

anything you can think of...
edit:
just noticed the detailing forum...oops should have put this thread there...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's all going to be opinion from who you get info from. Some are gonna say this is the best, some will say that is the best.

I will tell you what I personally use, and really enjoy using. Mequire's Gold. I've used it on 2 cars (the only 2 cars that had pristine paint jobs). My xB, and then my dad's 97 grand am, which was mine....nother story.

Anyways, It's easy to apply and buff off, leaves a nice bright shine and really shows off the paint. I wax every few months. I show my car, and people like the shine.

After the drive to the show, I use the Mequire's spray bottle wax/cleaner. I also bring a can of tar/bug remover, and adhesive remover for tough bug guts.

The spray wax keeps the shine going and helps clean up the car. All in all, they have a nice product line up.

Like I said, personal opinion. If I could afford higher end stuff, I'd probably use that.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I just want to add two more questions:

Any recommendations for a product safe for use with vinyl?
Most of the waxes and polishes had some pretty scary warning labels. . .
EVILDAVE what are you using?

Also, I need recommendations for something to remove some really stubborn tape residue from the paint.

Thanks in advance!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^ for the tape residue, get the 3m adhesive remover! Safe on paint, even says it on the can!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nothing better in my opinion than the imported Zymol. Stuff is insane. I cant afford it really for my personal ride, but I have a friend who details Porsches/Ferraris. Stuff is absolutely gorgeous when he is done.

I personally use Meguiars and Mothers. Both work really well for me, and are decently priced. As long as you take care of the paint pretty well by claying it once every 6 months, and waxing, youll be just fine with whatever you do probably.

scotty

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have used Zymol in the past and it does a fantastic job BUT $$$, I am currently trying Adams Polishes detail spray and I am finding that it is similar to, if not better than zymol...imo

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the feedback all! I'm quickly becoming a fan of the zymol stuff but still testing...:D

as far as adhesive remover goes:
http://www.gapusa.com/0107f001.htm
Orange peel is hands down the best stuff...and pretty much all natural a 4 oz bottle will almost clean up an entire vehicle wrap and it's only a couple bucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.