Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been railing here in NJ and i noticed that i am starting to get water into the tail lights of the XB has anyone else have or had this problem??

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
in the housing itself? or just in the little one inch of plastic before the seal?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is around the seal of the lights but it apears to be making it way into the lights. It goes around almost the whole thing and looks like it could effect the lights if there was more water.
why did u have that problem?

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
No, I worried about it though.....if it just goes around the whole thing, not passing the grey seal,no worries, if water gets in the actual light (if these are OEM) take it back to the stealership...should be covered in the bumper to bumper...

·
Registered
485 Posts
ive been checking my entire car for water leaks ever since ernesto made its way up the coast, but fortunately nothing has popped up (knocks on wood)

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
It is nothing to worry about as long the water is only visible around the perimeter of the light assembly. It is not inside the housing, just between body and the cover. The actual seal starts about 1cm from the edge of the light cover. Just the way it is designed. You can use compressed air to blow it out, but by just driving at highway speed the water will get pulled out in no time.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
a centimeter? To mee it looks more like and inch..or a half an inch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.