Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my brand new 2006 xB it's first bath today. I noticed when I was drying the car that there was a small amount of water inside the top edge of both the right and left tail light areas.

It did not appear to be inside of the actual tail light which is good but I never owned a xB and do not know if this is normal or not

Have anyone else noticed the same thing when washing your xB ?

Is this normal ?

·
Forgets to check this
133 Posts
yeah.
it's also a problem with my foglights.
it will evaporate over time it dose no harm.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You're going to find water seeping out of EVERYWHERE. Seriously. Door handles, mirrors, front grilles, tail lights, bumper areas....etc...etc... It's just how it is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your opinion does the water appear to be inside of the outer edge of the tail lights but not actually inside of the tail light itself ?

Assuming that is the case then it wouldn't actually cause any issues so I guess Scion didn't design the outer edges of the tail lights to be water tight just the inside areas

Please let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would expect to see water in most places the you mention Boombox but I was suprised to see a small amount of water under the lip of the tail lights.

I figured they would design them so no water could get under the edge at all

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
like tomraz said, "the water appears to be inside of the outer edge of the tail lights, but not actually inside of the tail light itself."

the water is between the body and the outer edge/lip of the tailight edges.
you can blow it out with a air compresor or the like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.