Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new xB got a stress crack in the windshield. Parked it, came back three hours later and theres a really long crack in the windshield. Dealer looked at it and covered it under warranty. Thing is, I go to pick it up and there's glass shards all over the paint on the hood and sitting on the black plastic area where the wipers connect.:mad: Told them about it and they took an hour to try to clean it off. When we got back out there it still had glass on the hood. Also,found one small, but significant scratch while there and found 5 or 6 more since I got it home.

Should I make a stink with the service dept about the scrathes? Am I expecting too much in not wanting my new car scratched up on a windshield replacement?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Absolutely. It was their careless work that caused the scratches. Warranty work or not, they are liable for the damage they caused.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^ I second that. Get them to FIX it, and FIX it right. I'd recommend Jim Lynch.....But they're kinda out this way, unless they own many nationwide....There's also a possibility that there's more than one Jim Lynch.......They did my A/C unit. Excellent work, and in one day too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. Taking to the dealer tomorrow and going to track down the svc mgr. Let you guys know what they say about it

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Definitely have them fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the service department yesterday. Apparently the service manager is on vacation in Florida. Anyway, the guy I dealt with said they would likely buff it up and get the scratches out. I think a few are to bad to get out that way but they would know better than I. Told me to bring it back next week on a sunny day so that he can talk to his manager and see all of the scratches in good light.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well if buffing won't remove the paint damage then I would guess they would have to paint!! They are totally at fault on this one. Make sure they get it fixed to your satisfaction!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.