Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was driving around (not going to lie to you, autocross, which i know alone voids the warranty, but they dont need to know that...haha). Well think I broke a CV boot, when I drive straight I hear a clunking noise and also when I get on the breaks. Does this driving straight or turning, so here is the question I have...

One - Is it the CV Boot?

Two - Im on Tanabe DF210 springs does that viod warranty? If so I will put the stock ones back on.

Three - Should I put the stock ones back on just to be save?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Never heard of a CV joint clicking while driving straight.

I don't think lowering springs will void a drivetrain warranty.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Your springs may have unsettled while the aggressive driving. Give it a day or two to settle out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the Dealership.

1. Wraped Rotor
2. CV Boot
3. Wheel Bearing

Those are the 3 things they are saying at the moment..

I think its number one. While driving there I didnt hear the noise till I hit the brakes. Then it will go away. When I brake with the E-Brake no noise.

Also when they called they said its not under warranty cause of the lowering kit and cause its to low to put on the lift. I replied back saying I read the warranty and it says Lowering Springs that are approved by Toyota do not void warranty. They replied back saying they will have the Service Manager look at it on Monday and call me up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
All you have to do is prove the problem with your car was not caused by the springs and they will fix it. I have had this problem in the past with my VW's.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You have to be very aggresive with the dealership. I bought two xb's, a BOP and an RS 4. The RS 4 came from the factory, not the dealership w/ the TRD 18" wheels. Long story short one of the tires had a defective bead and just went flat after my fiance hit a road reflector and destroyed the sidewall. The service dept and director gave me crap about it being a tire warranty (on a week old car) and I would have to take the matter up with Pirelli. A heated argument with the service director followed by a very unpleasant 3 page email to the dealerships customer service department garnerned me a new tire. The next week the windshield of my BOP cracked overnight. I took it in to have the service manager look at it and he said it was a rock chip (BS!) and he would have to have the regional service manager look at it but he only come around once a month. Now in this time I've had to make 2 trips to Racine Wis from Nashville and now my windshield is full of rock chips so of course guess what! Anyway...the service writer calls the other day and says would I mind if I have the service director look at it instead of waiting for the regional guy. This is the same guy I had the argument with over the tire but agree. When I get there, the director takes one look at me, one look at the windshield and tells the service writer to order me a new one and walks away without a word to me.
Get your butt in there and fight with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.