Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has one to sell, I'd appreciate an aftermarket inlet manifold (either pig iron or aluminium) as the o/e one on my 2005 bB, in moulded plastic, is starting to sound a wee bit annoying while the engine is warm, at which point it does get a whole load quieter.

Looking at my Toyota parts slides, I see that the long stroke option (1NZ-FE) also uses the same manifold and I got a price for the upgraded item (ATP & Dorman both do one, but unusually, Rock Auto aren't competitive on the price), which is how I'm now seeking a used one. There is the option of a new plastic one from my local Toyota dealer but I'm reluctant to go down that route if they only last 140,000KM / 11 years at a cost of £97!:eek:

I'm used with having far larger objects shipped across the pond and am aware how much this can cost but a s/h purchase may still make more sense money wise, hence my asking.

Thanks all..

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember a few taking the aluminum intake from the 1.8 in a Corolla and modding it to work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. UK Corollas didn't come with that engine option but a little searching around tells me that Celica STs did, so I'll be doing the rounds of local breakers yards to investigate this possibility.

Much appreciated.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts