Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
ummmmmmm.....ok. Well there goes the neighborhood. You definitely know Scion is advertising the new xb as a box.

I'm ashamed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
who does thier marketing wasteland cow dung a virtual junkyard and the t2b. yup i want to assiciate my new car with all that

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
:confused: I don't get it. lamest site ever.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Dang it, that tetris like Crusher game was bloody addictive.

Look at the time; I am WAY past my bedtime.

G’Night!

Oh yeah, they say you can win a 2008 xB.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
well honestly im not impressed, it looks like they tried too hard to keep a simple idea that already worked once. its a neet site, but the theme is not right. its like a high tech style sight with a simple mascott. a box. and the new deal isnt a box... im with you guys on this one.

·
3,453 Posts
I guess I apologize. I will do my best to keep my mouth shut once the new xb-riders get here. I know many of them will be original xB owners, so y'all are still cool in my book......Just think about how small your market will be though. There will only be like 8 body kits total....And you'll see each and every one of them.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
ya know what i was thinking, i know well be able to have the same general discussion threads but us 'classic' guys will really be no use for the new body stlye guys. unless of course on general vehicle knowledge. will this site even be fun for them? because im all about having fun. if i joined a site about my car, and everyone had the last gen, i dont think i would enjoy my stay. it feels like were coming together with another manufacture. like a scion/honda board. will we mingle well? i know theres good people from all natures and walks of life and the type of car one drives cant be used to judge the person inside.... but ihope you understand where im coming from. im jut not sure about it. but i welcome newcombers with open.... uhm... typing fingers i guess and well see what happens. the threads are going to have to get alot more specific when describing mods, models, fitment issues and measurments ect.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
w00st3r, the xB2 folks might even be happier associating with the tC crowd since they at least share much of the running gear and styling cues (it is, after all, the tC Station Wagon - the car for people who want a tC but have 2.3 kids and a dog, and need to buy groceries, toys, and haul the family - a Family Style tC...

Yet another reason that the newgen xB should have been called something other than "xB" - The fit into communities focused on the original xB might not be all that comfortable for newgen xB folks.

We'll just have to play it by ear - and probably have to have segregated forums for the old and new here. :(

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Anyone thinking it would be easy for Scion to simply 'change the name of the nextgen xB' to something that doesn't annoy the Hell out of some original xB owners only has to watch the Boss in this video clip - the "xB" name is even programmed into the electronics of the instrument panel.

http://www.scion.com/nextgenxb/autoshow.html

Note that, just as we were told by other Scion Corporate reps, the xD is the replacement for the original xB in the UUV or "City Car" market segment - everyone ready to rush out and by a grown up xA with a tiny hatch to replace their box? It really is a very nice car. Looks well designed. Looks a lot like every other small 5-door hatchback on the road here. Should blend right in to the urban scene.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Decent piece on this viral site and what it is designed to do:

http://www.adweek.com/aw/iq_interactive/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003551193

I watched the vid mentioned in the last paragraph:
A 60-second trailer, "Surgery," also is being launched in movie theaters. The short video is a Frankenstein takeoff in which two of three subjects, post-operative, are revealed to have square heads. A third subject comes out with a round head to horrific response in the operating room. He is put back under wraps.
...and my first reaction was to think that is the way some of us box drivers feel about the new, rounded xB2...

I think I need to go grab a copy of that trailer for the real box people to use as our theme... :D

Stay Square,

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just when I think the new fake xb sucks I see that website.

Now that website AND the fake xb both suck!!

You'd think that a whole new line-up would have all new names, if it was named something else then I would not have a problem with it.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
ok, i give up.. i dont get it... another dumb website...

·
3,453 Posts
Hey guys, over at the Scion website, they're actually marketing the new xB as an urban utility vehicle:

"Upsize. That's what the all-new 2008 xB urban utility vehicle did. Bumped up all around from the wheelbase to the length to the width, the xB maginifies its appeal with a larger chassis to fit even more driving adventure. Characteristically distinctive, the xB asserts design elements that get noticed -- elongated wraparound headlamps, rectangular grille, pronounced fenders, tinted windows -- and features a lounge-like interior for total ride relaxation. Now equipped with a 2.4L dual overhead-cam four-cylinder engine for 158 horsepower, the 2008 xB stretches out on Super White, Classic Silver Metallic, Black Sand Pearl, Nautical Blue Metallic, Blackberry Crush Metallic and Hypnotic Teal Mica."

http://www.scion.com/nextgen/

I think they should just classify it as a small SUV.

Urban Utility it is, City Car, it is not.

So we have piece of mind knowing we have city cars, and they have wannabe 4x4's.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.