Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i had my xb now for about a year and want to change my clutch out do it would grab better when i change gears i would like to go stage one or two clutch so it grabs harder and better what clutch you you guys recommend and does anyone no how to change it is it worth doing myself or just bring it to a shop thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have a clutch masters stage 3 clutch and i love it it takes a little to get use to but after that the clutch is great... it took alot of time for me and a friend to change it.. seems like alot of the bolts were very very hard to get to... i would take it to the dealer or someplace to be honest...

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you are not f/i you probably don't really need to go with a stage 3, unless you want to. :D I'm going with the clutch masters stage 3 which should be able to handle hp coming from my turbo. Not sure how it will feel like once I get it, hopefully it won't take too long to get used to, it'll be pretty embarrassing if I keep stalling the engine! BTW, this is something I'm paying pros to do, I never was much of a DIY person.

·
Registered
949 Posts
preacherboy said:
If you are not f/i you probably don't really need to go with a stage 3, unless you want to. :D I'm going with the clutch masters stage 3 which should be able to handle hp coming from my turbo. Not sure how it will feel like once I get it, hopefully it won't take too long to get used to, it'll be pretty embarrassing if I keep stalling the engine! BTW, this is something I'm paying pros to do, I never was much of a DIY person.
the clutch is not bad to get use to it took me a few days it almost feels like driving the stock cluch except it WONT slip any... i plan to turbo mine to thats why i get the stage 3 and i am glad too i really like the clutch it's very smooth

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
1LowXB said:
the clutch is not bad to get use to it took me a few days it almost feels like driving the stock cluch except it WONT slip any... i plan to turbo mine to thats why i get the stage 3 and i am glad too i really like the clutch it's very smooth
I thought you were gona sell it!!!!!!!! I was looking at the Spec Stg 2 clutch recently, cuz I'm tired of the slipping. That or get the Clutchmaster stg 2 and LW flywheel!!!!!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm what do you guys think of Exedy what do you guy think from what i no about them all my friends that have integras and civic have these they said there pertty good should i also change my flywhell what the big difference if i do change it or not thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Changing to a LW flywheel will bring ur RPMs up quicker while coming off the line and what not. Basically it helps you gains speed quicker. Depends on what kind you get as to how much higher ur RPMs will be at with higher speeds. I have heard the CM flywheel is just like stock but turns better and keeps the same RPMs at high speeds.

·
Registered
949 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
I thought you were gona sell it!!!!!!!! I was looking at the Spec Stg 2 clutch recently, cuz I'm tired of the slipping. That or get the Clutchmaster stg 2 and LW flywheel!!!!!!!
i was selling it but the guy backed out so i guess i am keeping it.. i have the aluminum flywheel in mine too clutchmasters that and the stage 3 clutch...

·
Registered
949 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
How do you rate the performance of the combo? Does it grab well? How are the RPM's at high speeds? Just curious, cuz I dont wanna dump all that money and not be satisfied!!!
i think it accelerates much faster the clutch feels great the only thing is i think the motor mounts need to be stiffer i think so i am getting a type of stuff you pump in them to make them stiffer.. thats the only complaint i have

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i have the spec stage 2+ and engagement is nice but the pedal feel is stock!!!! it's a pretty great kit imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.