Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im poor
im in a little hole right now and i want to get some new hubcaps that look like rims, but aren't. some hubcaps have big spaces in between and shows the black steel. i need some that are tighter together and can almost pass as real rims.
anyone know of any, where i could buy, what type, how much.

thanks again if u can help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Rick...this is what I'm rockin right now while I try to decide what kind of wheels to get. Trim rings, chrome lugs, and center caps from NAPA, I bought all the pieces for less than $100.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm all about mooneyes like shortbus8 referenced. Notice some are stainless steel. real moons are aluminum incase you have a preference. I have had 3 people ask me where I got my wheels. they are noisy and stick out far but I think they're really nice looking.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guitarsurf how are they noisy?
i would imagine they are quiet and aerodynamic because they are flat with no air going in between spokes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's just this pinging/clicking noise they make as the metal teeth inside the dish flex. People have asked me if there was something wrong with my car. There's a caulk fix that shortbus said would work. I'll try it when the weather gets nicer.

Here's some more moon chat on the noise subject:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f24/5975-mooneyes-2/

For a close up showing how far they stick out, there's a pic in my scion nation garage:
http://www.scion-nation.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=2

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
awww c'mon rick, your not gonna get some spinner hubcaps? :rofl:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great!!! you've got to post some pics when you do! I think you'll like them. Let me know if you've got any other questions!

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^lmao spinner hubcaps
please aim your missle launcher at my vehicle if u ever see me with spinner hubcaps

i got another question,
do they make them in gunmetal or black color?
i think i would like gunmetal a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
no color choices. it's coated aluminum so you could get them stripped and annodized or just break out a can of rustoleum. ;) Short bus had them powder coated black.

black or gunmetal might even look better on a TCM than the plain aluminum. moons are a natural "cool" grey and the TCM is more "warm" so they sort of compete. I have several pics of TCMs with moons though and they do look good! :D

yeah, I'd rather use old wooden wagon wheels before I put spinners on mine. haha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts