Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm happy with the way my valve cover turned out...I'm not as happy with the coil packs just sitting there...they just aint pretty. :D So I was in the garage tonight trying to figure out how to cover them. I'm NOT an artist so gimme a break on the Scion logo...LOL!!

I'm thinking of making this piece made from aluminum with the Scion logo the same color as my valve cover and the rest of the coil pack cover being done in reflective chrome like the other pieces I just did. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think that would look slick

Nice clean engine; you’re off to a good start (saw your earlier post :cool: ).

I would also recommend painting the fuse box covers & dipstick handle the same blue color to match and adding some loom. Go with black loom for a little classier look or chrome for flash. Or perhaps try a mix of the two (that’s what I did). A more expensive option to loom would be replacing lines with stainless braided hoses. (I think a basic set starts around $50.)

Finally, check out AEM’s billet oil cap. They have two colors. One shiny and one more matte that looks close to your battery tie down. ;)

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Clean engine!
Why bother with the logo? It will still look good without one, or you can transfer it from the cargo door :)
Just to throw an idea in there: can you make one out of perforated plate (like the RS Yellow grill)?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I think whatever you do, you'll be happy with. It already looks good to me, and if you go with the design you have now for the pack cover, it's gonna set it off.

·
Registered
284 Posts
so does anyone know of anyone that does custom valve cover's? also where in so cal can i get item's painted the same color as my yellow xb, i want to start dressing things up

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You might want to check with Sid. He made a two piece cover out of aluminum and it turned out great. I don't think he's using it any more, might be able to pick it up from him.

Good advice from Liesjemt, the chrome loom would really set it off.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You might want to check with Sid. He made a two piece cover out of aluminum and it turned out great. I don't think he's using it any more, might be able to pick it up from him.

Good advice from Liesjemt, the chrome loom would really set it off.

Keep up the good work.
well not so sure about the chrome loom in my car...hmmm...have to think about that one

hey bro, thanks for listening and letting me vent the other day and oh yeah, its good to see your back and you have your health

·
Registered
284 Posts
well i have met sid he is a cool kat maybe i will hit him up but if anyone knows of anyone that makes custom covers let me know or where i can find them on the net as well:D

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
well i have met sid he is a cool kat maybe i will hit him up but if anyone knows of anyone that makes custom covers let me know or where i can find them on the net as well:D
My buddy RMS does CNC machining out of his garage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
well i sort of hopeing to look for something in so cal so it wouldnt take to long to get back but if i have to order out of state its cool, no problem with that

where does your body live and does he have any samples to offer? or is pretty much how i want it done? let me know bro and thanks for looking out!!!:cool:

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
well i sort of hopeing to look for something in so cal so it wouldnt take to long to get back but if i have to order out of state its cool, no problem with that

where does your body live and does he have any samples to offer? or is pretty much how i want it done? let me know bro and thanks for looking out!!!:cool:
i'll have him contact you.

·
Registered
284 Posts
thanks bro, hey i love that paint job on yours, it kicks ass!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
What exactly are you looking for?

i was wondering if you had any pictures of your custom work, i believe read before that you did or do custom valve covers, i am interested in seeing what you go bro, let me know as i am into start dressing up my engine area

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.