Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody in the U.S. has successfully done a swap on a xB using something like a 2002ish Celica GTS 1.8L engine (2ZZ-GE)? Or anything close to that maybe? If so, please post pix and feedback on install difficulty and what modifications had to be made to accomodate this swap....

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!!!

-AleXb.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
well, there is one guy that swap a 2ZZ into an Echo in Europe. not sure of the fitment on the xB...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
dsimes said:
why think small, I'd love to see the 2.4 squezed into our box lol:D
My girlfriend gets that all the time! :eek: :D Sorry, couldn't resist!

·
Registered
152 Posts
AleXb said:
I was wondering if anybody in the U.S. has successfully done a swap on a xB using something like a 2002ish Celica GTS 1.8L engine (2ZZ-GE)? Or anything close to that maybe? If so, please post pix and feedback on install difficulty and what modifications had to be made to accomodate this swap....

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!!!

-AleXb.
hahaha, did you ask this question because I have one sitting around and not
doing anything w/ the motor & tranny?

i'm curious also but just don't have time to do crazy mods right now....anyone know?....anyone?!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Mavrichie said:
:eek: I won't touch that one either but once I get to know you guys better...watch out. :D
You're starting to fit right in! Welcome. :D

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
You're only 2.4"? Thats kinda sad...yet cute ;) Sorry....I had to

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
You make me smile!:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
think BIG how 'bout a rat motor (chevy nig block) mid engine hooked up to a transaxle...... that would be a wheel stander at every green light LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
The problem with the 2zz is that it wont make more NA, than a boosted 1nz. Youll have to boost the 2zz also and the engine bay in the xb is alredy hurting for space. Im curious to see if anyone has done it also. If anything I would love to have the K20 or K24 in the car.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
you think the xB's engine bay is hurting for space? look at the tC! the xB has insane amounts of room compared to that!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sir said:
you think the xB's engine bay is hurting for space? look at the tC! the xB has insane amounts of room compared to that!
haha, well compared to the TC. From the sides, its not bad,..front and back are hurting big time. When I accelerate hard, my turbo hits the line by the firewall on my xb. sucks. :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.