Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the lake arrowhead area (kinda near big bear) but i do go to san diego, palm springs & orange county fairly often to compete in triathlons, 10k runs, cycling events etc. I'm pretty sure i want to put a magnaflo catback on my xb end of march/beggining of april but...I would actually like to hear one in person first just to make sure I'm going to like it. My races are always on sundays and thats my only day off. Sooooo.......If any of yous xbsters live in San Bernadino/Riverside/Palm Springs/Orange County/San Diego area and are running a magnaflo catback and wouldn't mind hooking up for 10 minutes so I can hear this live...Holla

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would tell you to go by Race Precision and check out Eloy's car, but it is kind of hard to hear the exhaust when the motor isn't currently in the car.

If you are ever in Central California (Visalia, Fresno) shoot me a PM and I'll let you check out the Magnaflow on the wife's car.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I live in Anaheim, but go up to Bear Mtn a lot in the winter. If you want to meet in Running Springs or if you're down here sometime let me know. I have a Magnaflow muffler and resonator along with some custom piping. I'm using a single in/dual out muffler for a camaro/firebird with an 18" resonator and 2 1/4" pipes. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but should give a rough idea.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I am sure he appreciates the sound clip links guys, but I think he is wanting to hear it in person. It sounds completely different from the sound clips. As does almost every exhaust out there.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^^True, but he should be able to get a basic idea of what it sounds like through the clips. In person mine sounds close to what sid posted. I know we have the same muffler, but not sure of what resonator he's running. How does the first magnaflow clip compare to your wife's setup?

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
I had 2 Magnaflows on. The 1st one was great just too loud with a low pitch rumble (not good for sleeping baby) but my new one is an XL (whatever that means and its great). If you are ever in the Santa Claria area let someone from xclusivescions know. There is a handfull of us that have them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll tell you I have had a MagnaFlow cat-Back and scrapped it after a year. If you are considering an system just for sound do an axle-back and save your $. If you are doing it for performance PM Stylis on this board and get a header-back system. and if your interested click here My header back system from Stylis (Precision Muffler) and it will give you an idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.