Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the special releases worth waiting and paying extra for?
I put a deposit down on a '06 SRP and saw this and was wondering what the consensius was. I am putting the fog lights and rear spoiler on it (was thinking of the xm radio too) and would still be cheaper than the Torched Penny.

I like the new paint but would it be hard to match if something happened to it?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Just buy a base model, no extra's. It's a lot cheaper to do everything yourself. And dealer charges way too much.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i agree. dealer charges 600 extra for fogs when u can buy new for 200s. spoilers same, get em cheap cheap. go stock and build up

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
fireduck122 said:
Are the special releases worth waiting and paying extra for?
Here's another question you need to ask yourself: Am I gonna be happy with the color a year or two from now?

The Release Series are nice (I wanted an rs 1.0 when they first came out and the wife wanted an rs 3.0 before she changed her mind and got the SRP), only you can decide if it's worth it.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
fireduck122 said:
Dtrain, Thats a really good point. It looks cool now, but
the SRP is still the one that caught my eye.:D
My wife said the exact same thing!! Go with your feeling!! Oh, about the fogs and the spoiler, I've heard they're easy to put in. Just remember, for the factory spoiler they have to drill holes in your hatch... If you get that one, I'd say put it on yourself with with double-sided tape in case you ever want to remove it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would the tape hold? I dont think I take it off though.
I don't like the idea cutting or drilling on a car. I would
rather pay and let them do so if domehting happens I dont have to fix it. lol!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Oh yeah, the tape will hold. It's the same 3M tape that they use for the aftermarket spoilers. One of our guys here just put his OEM spoiler with tape, no to mention anyone here who has applied a spoiler with the tape. Much better than drilling holes for sure!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
fireduck122 said:
one more dumb question about the tape, does cold weather affect it? I am in Illinois.
Not to my knowledge. Heat or cold, it holds well IIRC.

(BTW, I lived in Rockford when I was a kid, and I still remember the cold!

Brrrrr.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.