Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the vsc, trac off, and the check engine light came on just because i forgot to put the gas cap on. i cleared the code and everything was fine.

how many of you have done that.?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Not yet. I used to tell all my customers to make sure to close the gas cap all the way, or they could have that problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
evap code :D

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
wow I didn't know that happens. Good thing I didn't leave mine open at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
F.Y.I. I just had that problem and it was not from the gas cap. A few miles after I put my summer wheels back on the xB all three of those lights came on. A week later they went off and it is doing fine. I figured the Stability control went off wack when I jacked the sides up the change wheels.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh mine it was the gas cap.... i used the scan tool and it show three code...

it was evap code..... all gas related crap oh mine

·
Registered
142 Posts
I threw those same three codes at the drag strip when i was doin 1/4 miles. Good ol OBD2 reader showed that i had a misfire in cylinders 1 and 3. Cleared the codes, replaced the packs, and i was good to go

·
Registered
20 Posts
PO446? PO4 something code. no bid deal, if u dont have access to a tool that can reset the code, yr gonna have to fork out like 80 bucks at the dealer.

also while yr at it, ask them about the TSB for the warranty gas tank, free gas tank, filler neck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same problem with those lights coming on driving home from work one night. When I started it the next morning, they were still on so I dropped it off at the dealership and told them about it. They said there were no codes in the computer and the lights never came back on, and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My lights came on and they put a new gas cap on and it still does it. I went to a shop down the street and they showed that my MAF sensor was makeing the vsc,tracoff and engine light come on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey all, i have just ran into this problem, all those lights are on, it was after installing lowering springs. It has been like a month and a half and still none have gone off. How to i "clear the code" or get rid of these lights? I did a search and nothing showed. Thanx

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had a similar problem while refueling with the engine still on, the sensors give a code like you guys are describing, it is actually easy to clear the codes yourself without going to the dealer, just disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes and then reconnect it, the ECM will reset automatically! just remember to reset your clock and stereo memory!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
For the Evap code...make sure the gas cap is on tight and look at the air box. find the green evap purge cap and follow the line to the firewall and to the intake plenum to make sure it connected...if both are you'll have to see me.:eek:
For the MAF, it can be cleaned with electrical cleaner and should be every 10,000mi esp. if you have an aftermarket intake. The sensor wires get hot an attract alot of small particles that over time clog it. It will save you 100 bucks or more if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mine did the same, but it was a morning after a bad lighning storm and I had the tank of gas for a few days. I dont know what the deal was.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Electrical cleaner?!?!?!?! Do you mean like dust off and ish like that??? I'm curios, cuz the ride needs this tune-up if its at 10,000. I've gone through 3 intakes now, cuz I kept finding better ones
Yeah, what is an electrical cleaner??

1 - 20 of 83 Posts