Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is driving my xB (learning to drive manual).. and she's stalled it out quite a few times.. and since then the VSC/TracOff/Check Engine lights have come on... I reset the ECU and it was fine until she stalled it again... Does anyone know what this might be? I'm under warranty but I'm curious as to what this might be.. any help guys?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The only time its happened to me is when i stall, but once I crank it again, they go away. is this not the case with you?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big_Kokujin said:
The only time its happened to me is when i stall, but once I crank it again, they go away. is this not the case with you?
They stay on once she stalls it... she's stalled it like 20x in 2 days.. I have to reset the ECU... I'm going to have her take it to the dealer today but still curious if anyone knows what's up... did she break something? LOL

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's usually an evap code that sets all of those lights of together. It happened to my wife's and really has not much to do with stalling the vehicle. There's a TSB about it and requires the replacement of the little shroud around the filler nozzle if I remember right.

It can also happen if you leave the gas cap off...

Get it checked though because it could be indicitive of something more serious too.

-Alex

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grizzly_choppers said:
It's usually an evap code that sets all of those lights of together. It happened to my wife's and really has not much to do with stalling the vehicle. There's a TSB about it and requires the replacement of the little shroud around the filler nozzle if I remember right.

It can also happen if you leave the gas cap off...

Get it checked though because it could be indicitive of something more serious too.

-Alex
Thanks kindly, we took it in for service tonight. It just started happening after she started to stall it bigtime. I'll know more tomorrow about what's up and will keep everyone posted. I'm thinking it might be an o2 sensor that's being jarred or something on all the stalls or maybe got flooded with fuel... this is her first manual car. Glad she's not driving the tC :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.