Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Let me apologize for adding another thread to this topic. I think I've read every one of them and still my lights remain bright. Here's what I've done.

I also had my airbag light on. removed the steering wheel and replaced the spiral wire. Upon reassembly the airbag light went away.

Using my actron OBD2 reader I pulled a P0420 code (tired catalytic) and C1210 (Zero Point Calibration of Yaw Rate Sensor Undone)

Pulled the negative terminal for an hour. Pumped brakes, horn, etc. Restored and lights still on. Pulled ECU fuse and replaced with same results.

Tried shorting OBD2 pins 4 and 12 (Tc and CG) as per the youtube video. Lights still on.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Quite frankly I'm not a fan of the TRAC system and would be happy to get rid of it if the lights would go away.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Unfortunately it's not one thing that causes those lights. I had the same issue for years they would come on for awhile, usually when it rains. I too replaced the clock spring, twice actually, don't buy the cheap one on eBay.

I finally replaced the charcoal canister and I have been light free for a year now. But I was getting an evap code so I had an idea of where to look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts