Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sadly, i can only park one xB in my garage...i highly doubt both will fit...if it boils down to it, ill put my trailor outside and see if i can park both inside. were not sure whats gonna happen.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Hardware stores and auto parts shops scored a post-holiday run of business this week as Anchorage-area residents stocked up on protective eyewear and masks ahead of a possible eruption of Mount Redoubt.

Monitoring earthquakes underneath the 10,200-foot Redoubt Volcano about 100 miles southwest of Anchorage, scientists from the Alaska Volcano Observatory warned that an eruption was imminent, sending experienced Alaskans shopping for protection against a dusty shower of volcanic ash that could descend on south-central Alaska.

READ FULL ARTICLE>>> Alaskans brace for Redoubt Volcano eruption - Yahoo! News

hang in there buddy! you may not have to wait for 7 months before coming to cali! ;)

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
were watching...their waiting till the last moment to get the jets off base if they have to. this will be a interesting time for my life...been through tornados...hurricanes, and now volcanoes..cant ask for more!!!!

for those of you interested...a webcam of teh volcano...just a small plume of steam at the moment

Alaska Volcano Observatory Webcam - Redoubt - Hut

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
their sold out...SOOOO, i may take the bumpers off the cars and brackets and see if i can pack them in the garage....or..mine will be in the garage, and ill pack snow on the other to cover it....

i did the math, looks like if i take the bumpers and such off, i can stick both cars in bairly with maybe an inch to spare....close fit!!! but my trailor will have to sit outside...o well.

activity has gone down..possible good thing...or the silence before the awakening.

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
activity is going down, but the hole on top is getting bigger....they didnt downgrade the status to yellow, so somthings going on. we had a small tremmor here in town today.....weve had alot the last month, one shoot the house like crazy a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
There has been a lot of activity going on with the volcanos out in that area. yellowstones tremors are not as bad as a month ago. My sister-inlaw can't seen to get away from them lol. she was in Alaska for about 2 years now she is in Bozeman montana. good luck hopefully nothing will happen.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
yellow stone supposedly has that "super volcano" going....thatll do away with the us, ours....a little ash here and there...
fo sho fo sho the west coast gone, the u.s and probably most of the world thrown into what would be simular to a nuclear winter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man i hope everything turns out ok... Felt some tremors before in peru but never real earthquake or valcanoe. But i have had my fair share of hurricanes. ANd the best thing to do durning a hurricane... Hurricane Party. So that might not be a bad plan of action either.
Lighter side, it turns to ash then you get more Full days of dark and that always makes it eaiser to party (but i think alaska gets that anyways.

We do have a guy in are scion chapter in Fl that drove here to goto college and he is from anchorage, wonder if they have began to evacuate civilians?

Prayers go out to you and friends up there.

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
they wont evac us..no sense..well get ash fallout, plus im on base...cant really go anywhere. theres talks of a volcano party in our car club here....

just got to wait an see, its up down type of thing still, and no one sure if its gonna go.

OOOOHHHH..the vocano talked to us a little this mornin!!

A high intensity burst of volcanic tremor occurred from about 2:44 through 2:50 AST this morning at Redoubt. The tremor episode appears to have ended for now. There was no eruption associated with this tremor.

·
chop top
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we may be gettin close!!

A sustained burst of volcanic tremor has just occurred, but this did not result in any eruptive activity and no ash emission has occurred.

AVO is monitoring and evaluating the situation closely.

Redoubt is still at aviation color code ORANGE and volcano alert level WATCH

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.