Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
hardly any hp increase. a lot of expense for imo an ugly plastic box that gains 1 or 2 hp

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, that sucks, I thought the fog light duct would help, oh well.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
it's slightly better than say using a k&n filter in a stock airbox.

it's not bad. just hard to justify the price it is.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would suggest either the Injen, AEM or Weapon R intake systems. Go a company that has a rep not just some fansy design

·
Registered
131 Posts
Misterflipper said:
I would suggest either the Injen, AEM or Weapon R intake systems. Go a company that has a rep not just some fansy design
naa...Fujita F5...the quality of their intake is unsurpassed. Darren is right, you will see minimal gains on a n/a setup with the Volant. With a f/i setup you might net about 6whp which is a lot better than 1-2. I know of someone that was using the volant on their supercharger setup but it was nothing to drool over.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yup, F5 Fujita!!!!!!!

And here I fibreglassed a duct to work in conjunction w/ the foglight cover/insert and never went into production with it.

I guess I should get the protoytpe and its mold back, and see if I can 'glass up a few more pieces.

·
Registered
131 Posts
squirrel said:
Yup, F5 Fujita!!!!!!!

And here I fibreglassed a duct to work in conjunction w/ the foglight cover/insert and never went into production with it.

I guess I should get the protoytpe and its mold back, and see if I can 'glass up a few more pieces.
get em made up and start selling them :D

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
it isn't dyno proven 8hp.......

you can think it is but I can guarrantee it isnt. it's gonna be right around 4 like all the other worthwhile ones.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it's garunteed 8HP dyno proven, believe what you want man, i've seen the dyno sheets. I don't know why you insist on being such a prick. Admit you're wrong and move on...

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
JDMBox05 said:
it's garunteed 8HP dyno proven, believe what you want man, i've seen the dyno sheets. I don't know why you insist on being such a prick. Admit you're wrong and move on...
trust me . ask anyone in the scion community it does not get 8 hp.......

any dyno sheet can be doctored , any dyno run can be very , very wrong. their design is virtually the same as everyone elses and their filter utilizes teh same design. you really think that magically it just gets approx 4 hp more? you must be high.

i'm not being a prick. you can doubt me and believe a companys info which I can guarrantee you is BIASED. they wouldnt post up lower than correct number would they? but sure as hell they wouldnt mind upping their numbers.

I know i'm not wrong so i'm not going to admit i'm wrong and move on.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
sounds good. did you dyno on a perfectly stock car?

no ac either run?

same exact ambient temperature?

same exact oil and coolant temperature?

probably not. dyno's are not that reliable unless done professionally in closed off extremely particular environments.

if the k&n really had double the horsepower coupled with it's lower cost. why would anyone buy another brand? and why would the k&n actually be one of the LEAST popular xB intake?

·
Registered
142 Posts
we ran it stock 3 times with just the intake , not too sure about the oil and coolant temp. i let the pro's take care of that. I trust these guys and their machines, but obviously you don't

·
Registered
212 Posts
wow, someone knows how to take their anger out on the world......

can we TRY to get back on topic here...if you don't like it, you don't like it, super

i've always been happy with just a drop in filter honestly, and i'm not going for too much performance out of the toaster ;-)

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
JDMBox05 said:
What's with all the anger over 4 hp. Prick is a pretty strong word don't ya think? Take a chill pill dude.

·
Registered
142 Posts
he's the only one bringin the drama to this site, someone should send him back to SL where he can fit in... i'm just trying to state a point, he's just trying to prove what a prick he can be..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.