Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a vip look with my box but just cant decide on what wheels to go with. What makes a car vip or what style of wheel is considered vip

·
Registered
612 Posts
dancar420 said:
I want to do a vip look with my box but just cant decide on what wheels to go with. What makes a car vip or what style of wheel is considered vip
99.9% of the time, they consist of custom widths and offsets, that at THE LEAST requires fender rolling and camber. Also, minimum 3" drop depending on the wheel fitment.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
You need to contact JDMJim on here. He is one of the front runners for the VIP style boxes. And he's got a sweet ass ride to boot.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Amen Rico. VIP= Low offset, wide width, slammed stance! Thats the basics. The wheel design will play in later, (because some are just too sporty, even in right fitment for VIP style). Full face wheels seem to exemplify VIP style to me too. Start looking for something 8.5 inch wide thats a 17 or 18, with around 20 offset. Something around there will be best.

Scotty

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScionScotty said:
Amen Rico. VIP= Low offset, wide width, slammed stance! Thats the basics. The wheel design will play in later, (because some are just too sporty, even in right fitment for VIP style). Full face wheels seem to exemplify VIP style to me too. Start looking for something 8.5 inch wide thats a 17 or 18, with around 20 offset. Something around there will be best.

Scotty
hey thanks scotty. I was thinking of doing axis wide tracks but I was also considering going with sportmax 006 mesh style wheel would that be vip style

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
opps, Sorry Scott. I forgot about you. my bad.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You should check out the Scionlife xb aero & exterior forum, there is a great thread about five or six topics down that should give you a good idea of what to look for. Its title is VIP xB's *Pics Wanted*. Check it out.:)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its all good Tim, no worries! :)

dancar420 said:
hey thanks scotty. I was thinking of doing axis wide tracks but I was also considering going with sportmax 006 mesh style wheel would that be vip style
IMHO, Axis/Sportmax dont hit the look. VIP is all about high end, high quality, and great fitment. Neither Axis/Sportmax could you choose the real correct offset. It also doesnt help that these are one piece wheels with "fake lips".

Check out Work, SSR, Weds, AMEs, Estatus, Fabulous and some upper name brands like that. Youll find quality in 2/3 piece rims. Sportmax/Axis wont cut it probably. With VIP, most people over look price and just want the look. What most people realize is that to hit the stance, you're probably gonna be spending 450-600 PER WHEEL. Thats the price of most sets of sportmax rims, if not cheaper. You really do have to pay to play.

I know you think Im crazy and dont know whatever. Its all about the quality level though too. Find someone with a set of Euroline DHs and ahve them park next to someone with Sportmax 006s. Sportmax are great rims for the price and look good, but when you throw them up against a set of DHs, youll see its night and day. Im not meaning to offend anyone, but theres a huge difference when you look closely. From 20 feet away, they may be similar, but theres a big difference if you're 5 feet or closer away. Trust me, and if you dont, try it out!

PM me if you have any questions or anything.

Scotty

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what I figured I would need to pay but I cant seem to decide its killing me I want them now. I fell in love with the euroline FS thats the one I really want but dont know were else that sells them besides memoryfab. Thanks for the brands if you have any websites can you shoot them my way I would appreciate it very much thanks. I want to do it right I want them to look good with the noblesse kit I am going to order

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Check out Autornd and Autofashion. Theyll both be able to get them for ya. Only problem with FS's are the price too lol. For 18x8.5 theyll be $510 per wheel before shipping.

Also with the Noblesse kit, are you going through Van and gettin the legit one, or getting the knockoff coming out?

Scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ah sorry didnt know. I know a lot of people are really itching to get that kit. Should be interesting to see how many are gonna be running around.

Those Weds are damn nice. Agreed with bb05, they could be hella hot if done with right fitment. Theyre spokey like the Seekers which are one of my favs!

I would say no on the AMEs, theyre WAY too sport looking. Look at Shallen CXs LX, or ones like that. Dish style.

Those DHs would be nice to get for ya! Good price too. Check that shiz out! Good fit and everything. A lot of people may have them, but theyre still hella nice and are better fitting than 99% of wheels for xBs.

Scotty

1 - 20 of 75 Posts