Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the answer is because of threads like this:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168400

By those standards given, 15" Sportmax 002s with OTG camber shims and a fake fab kit will qualify going off the responses. Add some tacky chrome, and blang blang you there! Nothing is mentioned of a wide stance that is slammed.

Gosh darn it. Granted Im not a true enthusiast in that Im not driving a TRUE VIP platform, but I am slowly trying to get there, along with educating others in what it really is. These threads piss me off. Lame!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: Why is VIP style getting played out....

I guess I'm in the VIP club, I got fake Fab rims. LOL

It's just popular, so people just make stuff up to "try" and be a style they're not. It's like that Neon with the huge wing on back, now they think they are a race car
. Plus it's on SL that site sucks!!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts

Well, I guess that puts me into almost VIP style because I have camber shims and 501s. LMAO. God, don't worry about it Scott, those are just a buncha kids who don't know any better. It's not getting played out because it's not being done. Well, there's like....A few who've pulled it off, but it's no-where near played out. Don't let em get to ya man.

·
Registered
426 Posts

That post has to be the ultimate level of disrespect to a ART of design. How could someone say that?

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts

keep in mind the source of that thread.....do we expect more from there?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

A basic sum up in Lehmans terms is low, wide, elegant, and with the best parts possible. No expense is spared to have the best parts things possible, and it looks luxurious. Forget camber, forget curtains, forget that piddly shiz. Thats just fun extras. A proper definition of VIP style is Dajaps car, JDMJims car, Waynes car, and a few select others. The last post in the thread is just a copy and paste that so many people throw up to feign knowledge about VIP.

Sorry If my previous statements came off a little strong. But please do not speak of things you know nothing about.
JDMbB, not to punk you out, and I dont wanna sound like an azz, but I find that funny coming from a person with JDM in their name running Sportmax wheels.

Scotty

·
Registered
458 Posts

I feel you guys but the picture of DAJAP is pretty close to true VIP I think. I mean yeah I was faking the fun with the sportmax wheels and thought they were tight. And I guess now even with the AME's I'm not truly VIP either. But I am trying to tuck 15's. (Just gotta wait for the springs to settle on the coilovers) I think that sportmax has RUINED the scene as I was a victim of it too. Especially with those new wheels they came out with. But hey to each their own and hey I'm not driving their car so I don't mind it. Only I have to drive my car and that's all that really matters to me. Although I may have my own opinions of others vehicles.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Don't worry I have a plan coming THUNDERGOD. AME's I just got but those might be the daily driving ones No promises though. And I think that I am going to go with my original plan of the FS wides. This time I will be patient and wait around for them. And make sure to get them one off's. Keep all of you posted.

·
Registered
192 Posts

002s vip??...that guy on SL doesnt know jack shiz
since im on a broke college kid budget i got 002s for now n i plan 2 go JDM inspired with my box but im just gonna rock em as my daily wheels n save up for REAL JDM wheels for show
i wouldnt say sportmax ruined tha scene but ignorant people has

·
Registered
873 Posts

VIP Style what's that? I make my box to my likings. that's it. and yes i do spend to much on stuff i shouldn't. but hey, it fulfills my happiness to make me a pretty box.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yea thats totally legit. I absolute love your car Kory. Im all down for people going with what they like, especially when it turns into a badass ride like yours. I just hate it when people try to preach on things they have no clue on, and really butcher a great thing. I dont blame anyone for it, as there will always be legit followers, and there will always be wannabes.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Always seems to be more wannabes.... I'd say you have educated more than I can count so good on you bro.

·
Registered
873 Posts

^^^ditto's. my fellow VIP Stylists. for me i've always loved the VIP style, was greatly influenced from my cousin. he's been a big influence. even razzes on me if i make a dumb choice and then i see the light. LOL. i think he's niceset projects was having his "alteeza". braddah had a bodykit, painted lexus black CF hood, rims, suspension, tails, headlights, etc... before the car even reached the US. how's that one for dedication. sniff sniff i miss that car.

was wondering how hard is to pull off the back window and the 2 no purpose windows?

·
Registered
24 Posts

I am so sorry guys but I think VIP is ugly as hell. Im one of the few. Its not classy or elegant either. Classy is BMW or Mercedes or mostly any euro car but those deep dish rims with the ugly snow scooper body kits and curtains in the inside look horrible. I get bagged on for my lambos all the time by scion peeps but thats it. Anyone else with a differnt car gives me compliments. I guess if you have an xB everybody has to try and make it look Japenese for it to be liked because I know for damn sure I have a way cleaner ride than most and there others wining the trophies just because of who they know in the clubs. I love scions but the VIP look is ugly and the shows are rigged. Once again this is just my opinion and sorry if I offended anyone.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.