Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
you'll probably get a flood of complicated answers but to TRY and simplify things just think of what VIP stands for (Very Important Person). What would a celebrity or high status individual in Europe be driving? A Mercedes or BMW perhaps? More so status symbolism then anything. Exactly what basic VIP in Japan tries to mimic. a rich, luxury sense of feeling. Black VIP or similar dark colored cars for instance have that "CEO" or "Yakuza" kind of style to things. White VIP cars usually symbolize cleanliness or simple appeal of things.

Japan has it's own cars to counter act these european luxury vehicles. remember that what we might think of VIP here in the US may differ a little or a lot from Japan. it's slowly starting to catch on though (and vice versa). big rims, deep dish, usually involves some kind of chrome or polish and at times the car is cambered to stuff as much tire/wheel under the wheel well as well as giving it a better stance. although some of these don't always need to be included in the mix.

also, certain styles are also prevelant in certain areas where people live. for instance you might find cars in a certain area majority might be into drifting, or are into k-cars, or into 4-door sedans, or vans. Japan is very "cliquish" when it comes to most things like this. it's not too often you'll see someone switching out of it.

i'm sure i'll get a good dose of people who might disagree but one can only truly add input if they've actually experienced it for themselves firsthand.

the chrysler 300M is gaining popularity over in Japan strangely enough.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
bboxed_in said:
you'll probably get a flood of complicated answers but to TRY and simplify things just think of what VIP stands for (Very Important Person). What would a celebrity or high status individual in Europe be driving? A Mercedes or BMW perhaps? More so status symbolism then anything. Exactly what basic VIP in Japan tries to mimic. a rich, luxury sense of feeling. Black VIP or similar dark colored cars for instance have that "CEO" or "Yakuza" kind of style to things. White VIP cars usually symbolize cleanliness or simple appeal of things.

Japan has it's own cars to counter act these european luxury vehicles. remember that what we might think of VIP here in the US may differ a little or a lot from Japan. it's slowly starting to catch on though (and vice versa). big rims, deep dish, usually involves some kind of chrome or polish and at times the car is cambered to stuff as much tire/wheel under the wheel well as well as giving it a better stance. although some of these don't always need to be included in the mix.

also, certain styles are also prevelant in certain areas where people live. for instance you might find cars in a certain area majority might be into drifting, or are into k-cars, or into 4-door sedans, or vans. Japan is very "cliquish" when it comes to most things like this. it's not too often you'll see someone switching out of it.

i'm sure i'll get a good dose of people who might disagree but one can only truly add input if they've actually experienced it for themselves firsthand.

the chrysler 300M is gaining popularity over in Japan strangely enough.
You won't get a better answer than this one, sweet write-up!

·
Registered
276 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
SD's version of VIP - camber coming soon!
Not to call out their cars but it also has to do with quality. even though rims look good doesn't mean its VIP. BSA's can't even begin to be VIP... a VIP (Very Important Person) wouldn't waste the time nor money on BSA's. The other rims are at best aight but not VIP styled. VIP also has alot to do with wheel fitment. If you camber the wheels and they sink in... Not VIP. You shouldn't have to space out the wheels in order to gain flushness. Its all about flush fitment. Fake kits are not VIP.. One thing people tend to forget is no box will ever be VIP but VIP styled.

VIP cars are the Lexus GS's, LS's, Infinity Q45's and such... no a Lexus ES is not a VIP platform.

VipStyle cars are 4 door, 2 door, K-car, whatever car style by the VIP ways....

Also a VIP car or VIPStyled car has presence that cannot be described. It sits a wolf among sheep. It stands out of the crowd (unless surrounded by VIP cars). Most of the older generation can respect VIP to the clean simple lines. It's all about having the creature comforts. Mainly VIP cars are normally Black, white, or silver (not all are but you get the point I hope). Great point by the way bboxed_in on the colors....

I am at no means an expert on VIP but have a decent understanding. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
jpscion said:
Not to call out their cars but it also has to do with quality. even though rims look good doesn't mean its VIP. BSA's can't even begin to be VIP... a VIP (Very Important Person) wouldn't waste the time nor money on BSA's. The other rims are at best aight but not VIP styled. VIP also has alot to do with wheel fitment. If you camber the wheels and they sink in... Not VIP. You shouldn't have to space out the wheels in order to gain flushness. Its all about flush fitment. Fake kits are not VIP.. One thing people tend to forget is no box will ever be VIP but VIP styled.

VIP cars are the Lexus GS's, LS's, Infinity Q45's and such... no a Lexus ES is not a VIP platform.

VipStyle cars are 4 door, 2 door, K-car, whatever car style by the VIP ways....

Also a VIP car or VIPStyled car has presence that cannot be described. It sits a wolf among sheep. It stands out of the crowd (unless surrounded by VIP cars). Most of the older generation can respect VIP to the clean simple lines. It's all about having the creature comforts. Mainly VIP cars are normally Black, white, or silver (not all are but you get the point I hope). Great point by the way bboxed_in on the colors....

I am at no means an expert on VIP but have a decent understanding. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
Umm, okay. They kinda know their rides aren't the "real deal", more like they're incorporating styling elements of that genre. They would NEVER call their rides "VIP styled", but they are taking cues from guys like you all in Style bB (of whom they speak highly of BTW.)

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is why I hate conversating sometimes on the internet (can't type tone)... I wasn't calling their rides crappy or anything. They are nice rides. Just when the comment was made that it was SD version of VIP I had to make the statement strictly because the U.S's version of VIP is very blurred at best. I am just trying to help inform one person at a time.. But like I said I am no expert but a mere follower in the VIP ways. We (Style bB) appreciate all the respect we get and the street cred. Again I just wanted to put the info out there merely to inform the misinformed. That could haTues. Hit me upp......

·
Registered
873 Posts
thanks for the info. this seemed to be have a nicer description of what it could. compared to other forums i've kinda laughed at.

·
Registered
276 Posts
sid i know the sarcasm was focused towards me but thats ok. i never said vans weren't VIP styled... a true VIP platform normally conforms to the big body japanese cars.. however this can also include some Mercedes and BMW platforms.... but never an econobox such as the xB nor a van including the estima (previa). These can be only VIP Styled..... thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
www.vipstylecars.com

check around there and youll soon see what it is. how do you describe greatness? you may not have the same requirements as everyone for greatness, you just know it when you see it. thats the way VIP is.

just think

wide + low + classy = VIP that is not always the case, but to be VIP, you have to usually have all those elements blended together. no Scion is going to be VIP styled with 40 offset Ikon wheels, and S-tech springs. I dont care if they add camber too, its still not.

my suggestion for everyone, go to the site i listed above and browse for a good 20 mins. youll see real quick what most of us mean i think.

scotty

·
Registered
276 Posts
man that RSX is straight butta ... I loved seeing it in person.... true presence...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
jpscion said:
sid i know the sarcasm was focused towards me but thats ok. i never said vans weren't VIP styled... a true VIP platform normally conforms to the big body japanese cars.. however this can also include some Mercedes and BMW platforms.... but never an econobox such as the xB nor a van including the estima (previa). These can be only VIP Styled..... thanks
You gotta PM......

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
jpscion said:
the thing is, on a car forum, when someone brings the term VIP, its most likely reffering to the looks.
True VIP would be Limos and any lux-car that has a private driver(lol taxi not included)
saying only a limited amout of platform for VIP style is questionable, maybe its a popular platform to be VIP.
I don't know if you consider this, but its done up by Auto Couture.
btw, this is ES .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.