Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if the VIP Alarm System (Scion Security) is a plug and play installtion or do I have to do a hefty amount of splicing and wire cutting? Although I really dont need the alarm, It would be nice to have one

·
Registered
51 Posts
Scion Part Number 08586-52960 is for 2004/2005 (without radio controls in the steering wheel) and 08586-52961 is for 2006 (with radio controls in the steering wheel) these units are completely plug and play. HOWEVER!!! I suggest the you remove the upper dash before you do your thing. Many web sites have complete installation instructions. Try TRD Sparks Toyota

·
Registered
454 Posts
not completely plug n play. sorry for the short answer but i am typing this on my phone. 98% if it is plug n play. the PITA part is the steering harness. you have to pull one pin out and replace it with ont of the alarm wires. took me a while to do. BTW from what i understand, the 03-05 have a different setup then the 06 cause of the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
176 Posts
not hard to install providing you have the proper tools for the job. and of course the correct alarm for your application. if you by a VIP alarm from the dealer, just ask them to print out the install instructions for you. if they are a reputable dealer they should have no problem. if need be let me know what version you are installing and i will e-mail you the instructions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would agree with your suggestion to remove the dash...big Questions...Is there instruction somewhere on the correct procedure to do this as working on rthe j/b box is a bit__

·
Black on Black with Black
465 Posts
I just got my OEM alarm, Cruise control, Ipod adapter and Xbox installed by a great guy: Noie does installs for the local dealers. I asked his permission to post his contact info:

[email protected]

He also offers an aftermarket alarm for install for $150 I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.