Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife wants an I Pod for her birthday that she can use with her I Pod ready stereo in the 06 xb. Will the new Video I Pod work and what is a good one?

Or should I go with a nano?

Suggestions please I have no clue about these things.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The video will play sound through the iPod ready stereo as if it was music then you just watch the picture on the iPod.

If you are looking to buy an iPod video I'd suggest the 30gig video. It's hard for most to fill up a 30gig so why buy the 60.

When buying one, check Best Buy for open box ones. It's a great way to save some money.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have the 30 gig video iPod and it works with my iPod radio. It doesn't play the videos through i thought just your songs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. Music and macs really is not my thing so I am clueless on alot of this. I though a 4 gb nano might be good but is that big enough or should I supersize for 75 more to the 30 gb?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ShortBus said:
Thanks for the tips. Music and macs really is not my thing so I am clueless on alot of this. I though a 4 gb nano might be good but is that big enough or should I supersize for 75 more to the 30 gb?
Bigger is better. I filled up my first iPod in no time at all, it was a 15 gig.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Just load iTunes on your computer. I got an I-Pod for work. After I figured out how to use everything, it's really easy. Load disc in computer, pick what songs you want from said disc and click and drag them to your library. create multiple file if needed. we all got 1 gigs so I didn't do files. After creating your library, plug in I-Pod and click and drag music from library to your i-pod. I would say start doing that now so you don't have to waste time doing it later. It will eat up a lot of time, but it's kind of fun.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i use a 60gb ipod video. I will say that mine has 45GB of stuff on it. But then again i store tv shows and music videos and movies and pictures on mine. I also have school files and a ton of other miscellaneous files. For the money, the 60gb lets you do just abouta nything...its a portable harddrive basically. Depends on what you will use it for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.