Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum and I need anyone who can clarify on what’s going on with my ‘08 XB. The car has surpassed 200k and it’s running great and I bought it used in 2016. The problem is with the car is that whenever I get on the freeway, it starts to vibrate. It has been a year since it started and during that time, I did alignment, wheel balancing, I even changed the tires and wheels and it still vibrates. Someone told me it could be the mounts so I change those and it still vibrates. In the end I left the car to the mechanic and he told me that it’s the rims that they don’t fit well to the xb and that’s why it still shakes. I guess it could be true because he took a rim off and put another one in one wheel and it doesn’t vibrate a lot when I drove it on the freeway. The rims I brought at the beginning were used ones. Does anyone has experienced the vibrations because of wrong rims? And how do you solved it? My last option is to buy the tires and rims all brand new but since I’m selling the xb, why do I have to put more money on it...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Since you took the tires and wheels out of the equation when you swapped them. You did swap all 4 I hope. What about the condition of the shocks? Did it start suddenly or gradually? What kind of wheels and tires have you had on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts