Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the same problem that I am having. I just bought a Scion XB (2006) and I test drove 2 of them. One being a 2004. They both had this loud vibrating noise from the driver side in the engine area. When you open up the hood, you can see that its vibrating hard. I am assuming that it's the A/C because when its off, its not as bad. Any suggestions??? :confused: :confused:

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
a/c takes power from the car. so when the a/c is on, the rpm goes lower. plus, when you drive while the a/c is on, you'll noticed that the car is slower on getting up to speed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know, but what is that loud vibrating noise? I mean its LOUD. And I was initially concerned with the 2004 that I test drove then I heard it in the 2006, and when I shut the a/c off it quieted down, but damn, for it to be that hard of a vibration?

·
Registered
3 Posts
vibration sound

Ours started up after we had the car for about 3 months. Took it in for the undercoating and oil change - immediately started up. They claimed it was the air conditioning fan, & more noticeable because of the undercoating, but we have the noise even when air not in use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.