Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

very bad experience

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bbRydr 
#1 ·
so i installed my AGENCY POWER PULLEY last week end and these past couple of days i been hearing this very LOUD squeek in the pulley section of the motor bay...so i decide to adjust the tension of the serpitine belt by adujusting/ making the alternator nut tighter on the adjustment bar...and next thing i know nut with broken bolt in my hand:mad: :mad: :mad: so now i have to remove my alternator...i could not find a link with instructions/pictures on how to remove the alternator...so i started to TRY to remove the bolts holding down the alternator...I think there is a bolt under the alternator where my hands/tools cant reach:mad: :mad: :mad:
so as im sitting there i decided not to give up on it...i finally got socket and nut together...and started to remove the nut...the rachet slips the nut and my hand slams into one of the sharp ends of the motor bay:mad: :mad: :mad: so words started to fly as well as tools started to fly also i decided to just take it in to the shop...unless there is a DIY on how to remove an alternator (with pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.