Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My scion dealership has this listed as an included option on most of their "available" xB's:

Vehicle Shield Package
Lusterizing Sealant
Sound Shield
Sealant Cleaner
Rental Car Assistance
$349


Is this a gimmick, or is it something I should consider getting? The salesperson didn't say anything about it when I ordered my RS 3.0, but I just noticed it's included on one of the 3.0's they're selling right now. Thanks!

Susan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
Sounds like a lot of unneeded add on items. I believe these are all "dealer" options rather than Scion offered equipment. Most of the time these are useless and expensive. IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case. Last week there were two 3.0's listed as "available" under new car inventory on their site - and one seemed to be "mine." Now that one is gone and there is another one up. I guess that means we'll have 3 of them in the area, unless one ends up getting traded out to another dealership elsewhere. I'm hoping that since mine is no longer on the site, that means I'm that much closer to actually GETTING it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
Rowan555 said:
Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case. Last week there were two 3.0's listed as "available" under new car inventory on their site - and one seemed to be "mine." Now that one is gone and there is another one up. I guess that means we'll have 3 of them in the area, unless one ends up getting traded out to another dealership elsewhere. I'm hoping that since mine is no longer on the site, that means I'm that much closer to actually GETTING it!
Congrats on getting one. I've been trying to talk my girlfriend into getting one but she doesn't want to give up her Camry.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Sounds like a lot of unneeded add on items. I believe these are all "dealer" options rather than Scion offered equipment. Most of the time these are useless and expensive. IMO.
Agreed! I'd pass on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Agreed! I'd pass on this one.
It might be worth it if they would throw in some chrome go fasters, rubber tipped cam lobes and some nice screen mesh piston caps. Oh and a free quart of turn signal fluid! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad I ordered my RS3.0 before my dealership even knew about them - the other two 3.0s coming to my area include this vehicle shield package, fog lights, led interior lights, and a few other things I wouldn't want to have to pay for. Mine is just the car plus the floor mats. I'll get the windows tinted as soon as possible, but I'm not doing that through the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
yea i went to go trade in my camo for the 3.0 but for one i would have had to pay over 500 per month for car payments so i said no now im just going to get it painted a different color green
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
This package is something that is offered in certain regions and not in others. It's not all B.S., but if you take decent care of your vehicle you shouldn't need it.

We offer an Auto Armor system that many people discount as the dealership trying to gouge extra money out of you. That isn't the case. That particular system is a great product and if people listen with an open mind then it can really protect your vehicle.

I would suggest asking your salesman to explain the shield package and decide weather or not it's for you.

-Alex
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
This package is something that is offered in certain regions and not in others. It's not all B.S., but if you take decent care of your vehicle you shouldn't need it.

We offer an Auto Armor system that many people discount as the dealership trying to gouge extra money out of you. That isn't the case. That particular system is a great product and if people listen with an open mind then it can really protect your vehicle.

I would suggest asking your salesman to explain the shield package and decide weather or not it's for you.

-Alex
Good point. Don't want to sound like a dealership basher. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Rowan555 said:
My scion dealership has this listed as an included option on most of their "available" xB's:

Vehicle Shield Package
Lusterizing Sealant
Sound Shield
Sealant Cleaner
Rental Car Assistance
$349

Susan
Its a rip off.
Sound Shield is a rip off, it does nothing. I've installed it and it made me feel dirty for doing it.
Paint Sealant is a joke too. A good wax is better.
My insurance agent offered me Rental car assistance for less than $20 a year.
When I bought mine they offered me that stuff plus tire protection, to the tune of $3000.
I hope someday they figure out a way to let you order your cars on-line, so you don't have to deal with salesmen and their BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Many times it is not a dealer add on...it comes straight from thr distr. For instance my dealer Tejas doesnt order it...it comes from the railhead and gulf states toyota. You dont need any fabric conditioner or paint sealant...actually if you order a car..you dont need any extras that you didnt order period!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Hey, I just want to put a shout out to our salesman, Jeff at Toyota DCH Simi Valley. He was extremely helpful and not at all pushy. My best experience with salespeople so far. He actually changed how I had previously felt about car salesmen. And that's saying a lot, after one particularly bad experience with a Nissan dealer that cost me about 8 years of grief! So don't knock 'em all. :)
 

·
Who am I to say this?
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
boxd_up said:
Hey, I just want to put a shout out to our salesman, Jeff at Toyota DCH Simi Valley. He was extremely helpful and not at all pushy. My best experience with salespeople so far. He actually changed how I had previously felt about car salesmen. And that's saying a lot, after one particularly bad experience with a Nissan dealer that cost me about 8 years of grief! So don't knock 'em all. :)
Ummm...yeah...what she said...lol He really is a good guy, otherwise we wouldn't have bought 2 from him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
boxd_up said:
Hey, I just want to put a shout out to our salesman, Jeff at Toyota DCH Simi Valley. He was extremely helpful and not at all pushy. My best experience with salespeople so far. He actually changed how I had previously felt about car salesmen. And that's saying a lot, after one particularly bad experience with a Nissan dealer that cost me about 8 years of grief! So don't knock 'em all. :)
I had a good experience with my salesman in Hayward. Not pushy and worked with us financially. Plus, he did a follow-up call to make sure things were okay with the Scion.

I don't remember if he offered that service to us, but we didn't want extras anyways.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top