Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Baller Status
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was planing on joinin scikotics. but there is a need for people in my area..so anyone from around Lynchburg.roanoke.Blacksburg. you should look into joining them.

·
wax bottle candy
481 Posts
Richmond, VA Scion Club --- Scion Noics :: Number One in Custom Scions :: Welcome

We do lots of road trips on the weekends (mainly in the summer to car shows & events, but some of us go snowboarding in the winter). We have meets every week. We will be meeting in Newport News soon! We've been to Roanoke for 3 years in a row for the Spring Showdown. Check us out! :)

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
WOOT WOOT for noics! boo to scikotics. noics is a great group even being in cali i've made it to a meet of theres very nice people to hang out with

·
Baller Status
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well damn, ima have to check this out...i wont ever be in richmond..thats a mad long drive from me..but roanoke on the other hand is only about 45mins..i can make than whenever. when are you all gonna come down this way again

·
www.ScionApocalypse.com
380 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
manxB, as for Scikotics, the Lynchburg chapter is still there but sleepin'. We're only as strong as our chapter members, are there many Scions out there near you? You could always jump in and help grow the chapter, two years ago we had no Maryland or NoVa chapter, but with a flurry of participation we've grown and split from a single MD chapter to a Southern MD, northern MD and NOVA chapter. The same can happen for the Burg chapter if you find a few other willing Scion owners.

Also, we have no restriction on multi-club membership, so if you like your current universal club you'd be welcome to stay with them as well.

·
Baller Status
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im the lone ranger when it comes to scions down here..excpet for the tc i park to at school everyday..but i think they hate scions..there bumber is help on by ducttape

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry to dig up this topic, but it reminds me of going to the movies a few weeks ago. I saw a black tC pull into the parking garage with HID's. When the driver got out, I came up and started talking with them since they noticed my xB. He asked if I knew of any clubs in the NOVA chapter and I almost laughed.

In this day and age of the internet, how are we clubs failing to reach out to interested owners? I googled NOVA scion club, SE was the 3rd hit, Scikotics the 5th, and the official Scion website even lists the clubs in the area. We promote our clubs and Scion events heavily on the Scion sites (Scionlife, club forums, ClubxB, Club-tC, etc.) so where is the communications breakdown? Maybe we need to make news available to the local dealerships, perhaps set up a meet and greet with our non-sponsoring dealerships in the area and just let them know we're here if their customers ask. I'd suggest listing all the local clubs in the area, not just your affiliated one, to keep out bias. We all love our Scions, now we just need to get the word out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry to dig up this topic, but it reminds me of going to the movies a few weeks ago. I saw a black tC pull into the parking garage with HID's. When the driver got out, I came up and started talking with them since they noticed my xB. He asked if I knew of any clubs in the NOVA chapter and I almost laughed.

In this day and age of the internet, how are we clubs failing to reach out to interested owners? I googled NOVA scion club, SE was the 3rd hit, Scikotics the 5th, and the official Scion website even lists the clubs in the area. We promote our clubs and Scion events heavily on the Scion sites (Scionlife, club forums, ClubxB, Club-tC, etc.) so where is the communications breakdown? Maybe we need to make news available to the local dealerships, perhaps set up a meet and greet with our non-sponsoring dealerships in the area and just let them know we're here if their customers ask. I'd suggest listing all the local clubs in the area, not just your affiliated one, to keep out bias. We all love our Scions, now we just need to get the word out.
I know the feeling bro. The last three days I think I've met about 10 owners all who have no idea about clubs or anything. Not even the events that Scion sponsors. Honestly it's not our fault or theirs'. I think it has everything to do with the fact that we are a rather small society in a huge area. Getting the word out is one thing but trying to do blanket coverage of areas to get awareness out is what advertising companies make and spend Billions of dollars on. The only thing we can do is just talk to as many people as we can.

It's even funny to go to a Scion sponsored event and talk to people who drive Scions who have absolutely no idea that we even exist. lol I know you do what you can and I do what I can but sometimes it's almost laughable to see how many people have no clue that we are around. BTW we all need to get everyone together after new years! lol Maybe bowling or just a bar meet. :D

·
I got MY BOX
38 Posts
hey Im lookin for a Hampton Roads club as well i know this thread is old but is this still good info? Im new to this

1 - 20 of 28 Posts