Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Excellent thread to start man. The more educated people are on VIP, the more we will see of it. Alright peeps, if you're into it, let's see it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
You owe me a pair of undees!!!

All jokes aside, very informative. Thank You.
sorry, most of the videos are in japanese but you get the point. i personally like the VIP X

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You don't have to understand the language to look at the videos. It's all about what you see, and somewhat what you hear.

·
Registered
458 Posts
VIP needs to reach the US

Unfortunately the GS400's and the Infinity Q45's and other VIP style cars are mainly owned by older folks that live in Palos Verdes in this area and are too old to be doing this. I have seen a few VIP'ed out cars in the 626. One comes to my shop an earlier model GS400 on bags, black, with nice low offset wheels with about 5 degrees of camber in the rear. To tell you the truth I think finding a used GS400 now would probably be easier and just get a nice set of wheels and bags and your just getting started. I was hoping to use an IS300 not mistaken for the new one. But realized that the IS300 just isn't big enough for all that. But yeah I hope it catches on over here in LA. Hot Import Nights is doing it's best to start doing VIP shows. Unfortunately the Drifting boom is just a little too be right now. But don't worry everyone in my generation remembers how big 1/4 mile races were huge the NHRA. Just like that faded drifting will fade and VIP will be in style.

AWESOME VIDEOS thanks

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im really thinking of doing it BIG myself. im really looking at doing big cars for VIP, and not necessary on the xB. i like to do the luxuary since i know of "ancient old" peeps who own very nice and flawless old style big cars that are in the market of selling thier vehicle for a diff. car. i may get lucky, but they may also trade it in which maybe easier on thier part *fingers crossed*
but then again, Big cars, Big dreams, Big money, ohhh!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Vanning is anything but played in Japan. It's getting bigger with wagon tuning tho. So what can we buy here that can be built into a EXE platform? Sienna? The lines are very close to the new Previa( beltline especially). So we have to build our own kits. Everyone in Japan does anyway. So why can't we? Older Odyssey's? xB, Fit's, Mazda MPV and 5Wagon, The ole (early 90's)corolla wagon, Protege5, Accord wagons from the late 90's, stereotypical big import sedans. The HIN VIP stuff is too euro and exotic and I don't count those cars. They're too easy.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup, i like the original, where the VIP all started when the yakuzas had to get away from driving the euro cars due to getting spotted by other yakuzas, and getting a hit on them.

they left the euro, but couldnt get away from styling their rides. you gotta pay to play. somtimes it costs your life, well back then it did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.