Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf. i dont ride the clutch. i dont hold the car on hills with clutch/throttle.

i knew the stock clutch blew but can it really be THAT bad?

im trying to get coilovers and a few other things, now i have to spend $350+ for a performance clutch? and if i get a clutch im gonna get a flywheel. thats more $$$. i love scion but sometimes the cheapness blows me away.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
25,600 like the title says. im blown away that its slipping already. and it happened all of the sudden. boom one night its slipping.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yep, mine has 20K and already chatters. I have never burned up a clutch, and been driving manuals as long as I have been driving. There are lawsuits over this problem, Toyota wont cover it. Alot of people are experiencing this, and unless you want your car down for a while we are stuck with the bill. An echo clutch isn't enough for a xB.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im looking into an exedy stage 1 or something. oem ones are less than $100 shipped on ebay but id rather put a paper plate in as a clutch before id put another OEM one in.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i had the engine let go too

some people have accidents i just have faulty parts haha

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
damn dustin. you got mad problems with your car. sorry to hear about that. did you try taking it to the dealership? maybe since you had the engine problem they'll cover the clutch problem too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
man that sucks. Im at 38k and im starting to hear some rattling noises from the clutch area, but i dont think its slipping. I gotta figure that out.

·
-[bB SQUAd]-
606 Posts
something must be wrong... does anyone else drive your box? mine has been sorta acting up not really slipping but i think its because i was teaching my girl how to drive stick. i hope you find out why it's slipping. i'm not sure if the dealers will cover the clutch since its a wear and tare item.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah im the only one that drives it. didnt teach anybody on it either... im with you i doubt itll be covered since its under wear and tear like brakes. ill just have to suck it up and buy a stage1 clutch :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
sorry to hear about your prob but i was woundering if you have checked to see if something is leaking on to the clutch sense you had issues with the motor maby theres a small leak somewhere just a thought. well i hope it all works out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.