Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a very relaible friend that has a connection for used HKS hipermax-c coilovers. they have 10,000 california miles on them. what would be a fair price to ask for them?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have only heard good things about them specifically that they are super comfy. HKS quality is top notch too. The only reason I didn't buy them is because they aren't easily compatible with my Cusco camber plates.

The cheapest I've seen them go for NEW are $1200. Considering I'm a cheap bastard, I'd take em for $800 give or take a $100 dpending on conditions and miles. Also take into account the price of having them overhauled - although HKS quality is supposedly so good, they should outlast the car if treated well...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stankubrick said:
I have only heard good things about them specifically that they are super comfy. HKS quality is top notch too. The only reason I didn't buy them is because they aren't easily compatible with my Cusco camber plates.

The cheapest I've seen them go for NEW are $1200. Considering I'm a cheap bastard, I'd take em for $800 give or take a $100 dpending on conditions and miles. Also take into account the price of having them overhauled - although HKS quality is supposedly so good, they should outlast the car if treated well...

well they used to be mark cosio's. a friend of his has them now and is selling them. mark said he'd put in a good word for me if i wanted them. i still have to get my car painted first (;)), but i would like to know for future reference.

i was dead set on getting the progress units, but my priorities changed to exterior, and i never got around to getting them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Misterflipper said:
Well i would check into them aftr you paint the car, no joke its one of the best rides ive ever been on.
Did you keep the stock rear shocks? I've been looking at these also.

·
Registered
612 Posts
excitebox said:
well they used to be mark cosio's. a friend of his has them now and is selling them. mark said he'd put in a good word for me if i wanted them. i still have to get my car painted first (;)), but i would like to know for future reference.

i was dead set on getting the progress units, but my priorities changed to exterior, and i never got around to getting them.
Oh, I know that guy, xA right? I know for sure Mark took good care of them. I almost bought them from him a while back :) I guess the question is: are used HKS better than new Progress?

The HKS come with rear shocks and pillowball mounts (not camber adjustable). HKS have softer spring rates, but that might be problem when you are slammed and have passegers in the back. HKS has undoubtedly top quality, but I am unfamiliar with the qality of Progress.

Then again, if you are really on a tight budget Progress looks really affordable and you could just get cheapy shocks.

IDK man, tough decisions...don't mean to open up another can of worms, but have you thought about air?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not going to do air, but i have considered it haha. the troubles outweigh the few positives...

·
Registered
813 Posts
fcastle said:
Did you keep the stock rear shocks? I've been looking at these also.
Not gona lie, I seriously just dropped my car off to Progress one night and picked it up, I had springs before the coilovers. they gave me the springs back so im assuming that i do have the stock rear shocks still on the xb.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got the HKS c-compacts from my buddy for 800, only used for about 2 months, and they ride like a dream...not too stiff at all ;-)

the only problem is the camber issue, but i've found a way around it to run 2 degrees and also pulled fenders, where theres a will, theres a way ;-)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome sounds like $800 is the answer i was looking for! thanks a bunch guys!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im going to see if marks friend has a set price he's looking for. i know mark takes care of his stuff big time so they should be in good condition. i'll ask for pics and stuff to see what condition they are in and make an offer based on that :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the guy wants something like $930 shipped. i'd rather just buy new ones for $200 more :cry:

·
Registered
72 Posts
dude...if your in levittown..come take my xB for a ride on the progress coilovers. Then you'll understand what i've been talking about. I'm just over the burlington bristol bridge near the burlington mall.

Jeff

·
Registered
212 Posts
Lip said:
dude...if your in levittown..come take my xB for a ride on the progress coilovers. Then you'll understand what i've been talking about. I'm just over the burlington bristol bridge near the burlington mall.

Jeff
FREE RIDES???!!! :D :p

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i may end up buying these (like i had planned in the beginning). i have to drop the car more than the crappy drop i got out of my tanabe df210's. i bought a kenstyle urban kit, i have to do it justice!!!! since your close lip, i can swing by and buy the coilovers instead of having to ship them. let me get my tax return and sell my OEM skirts and front bumper and we more than likely will do business!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.