Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats sweet, ive always prefered greddy, they HAVE been around and making quality products for a long time. I want to run the greddy evo2 exhaust and a few other items, how can i score a deal like that. the UPS man needs to bring me a greddy factory for my garage!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
For the price, the ScionFX CAI is an excellent buy. When you go ebay special, you may get a 'better deal' but in the end, you're only starving yourself. Yes, the IS2100 (and styles) may very well be the best intake for the xB, but not everyone has the 175 bucks to blow on one. The debate on SR vs. CAI will never end, which is unfortunate, because it's what the person wants. If all else fails littledane, you can get some heat wrap and that will cure a lot of the 'heat' problems. As far as making more power goes, it's only a difference of 1, maybe 2hps at most.

Also, if you plan on doing a lot of shows, more people will say, "Wow, look at that intake, it's neat!" than a boring straight pipe. Trust me, it's what I heard ALL day at NOPI last year. Makes ya proud.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You know, I sure wish I had the bucks to just go do an a/b on a dyno somewhere. It wouldn't end the eternal CAI vs. SRI controversy, but it would at least provide some actual data.

I suppose we might get folks with SRIs, CAIs, and ScanGuages or whatnot to report their intake temps, but I'd guess there'd be a lot of variability in the reports. Probably more noise than signal. Still, it might be something.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea allot of it has to do with climate too tho. like outside right now its 92.2 degrees F. im sure it wouldnt pull the same resaults as someone in cali with the dense beach air.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.