Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to add a Temp gauge in my car so I've been shopping around. I know I would need a adaptor for the sensor for the upper radiator hose. I bought the greddy one but I dont really like the design. and also that it just taps into it with clamps. I rather replace the whole hose.

I came across this:http://www.overboost.com/obs/hin/product.asp?pid=33548&cat_id=5&cat_name=&sc_id=&sc_name=

I looked it up on many diff sites but overboost was the cheapest I found. Its even cheaper then Ebay. Some site says that its for xa/xb but this one says its for the xA. But the part # for the xB is the same. Can someone confirm that the xa and xb radiator house (upper) is the same. If so i'm going to order this instead of using the Greddy one that I have.

Thanks
Regards,
Kenny

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Is tapping into rad hose a reliable way to read temp? If the thermostat is stuck closed there will be a long delay before the sensor registeres anything. One of the simple ways to check thermostats is to actually touch upper hose when the engine runs hot and if the hose is not reasonably hot , to suspect that t-stat is not open.
ScanGauge will read actuall temp with a ton of other usefull parameters by just plugging into the OBD connector under dash. And for about $170.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.