Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 xB, brand new, in May 2008. While it has been meticulously maintained, I'm now considering an upgraded wheel/tire package. I won't be lowering the vehicle, but I would like to push the tires out a bit (not past the fender lines, but right to the edge). How wide of an 18" wheel can I safely add - without danger of any rubbing, and what offset do I need to push the outside wheel edge out a bit, and safely add the widest tire? Any information will be helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought a 2008 xB, brand new, in May 2008. While it has been meticulously maintained, I'm now considering an upgraded wheel/tire package. I won't be lowering the vehicle, but I would like to push the tires out a bit (not past the fender lines, but right to the edge). How wide of an 18" wheel can I safely add - without danger of any rubbing, and what offset do I need to push the outside wheel edge out a bit, and safely add the widest tire? Any information will be helpful! Thanks!
Eneki has some sweet stuff. Also check "Tire agent" their tire fitment in the app will tell you what fits. I've seen setups that look like wagon wheels on a xB. To each his own. Dumb in my opinion. Others should chime in. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eneki has some sweet stuff. Also check "Tire agent" their tire fitment in the app will tell you what fits. I've seen setups that look like wagon wheels on a xB. To each his own. Dumb in my opinion. Others should chime in. My .02 cents.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it! Yeah, IMO, I think anything larger than 18"/19" is too big. I will check out your recommendation. Thanks Again!

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,689 Posts
When I ran 18s i had 18x8 +40 with 225/40r18 tires. This pic is at stock height, I do recommend lowering a bit to make them look better. You can go with a bit more offset if you want but the wheel and tire width gives you good sidewall and no tire stretch. Second picture is on 20s, 20x8.5 +48 w/225/30r20, which I run currently. You have to lower the car to make the 20s look good though.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I ran 18s i had 18x8 +40 with 225/40r18 tires. This pic is at stock height, I do recommend lowering a bit to make them look better. You can go with a bit more offset if you want but the wheel and tire width gives you good sidewall and no tire stretch. Second picture is on 20s, 20x8.5 +48 w/225/30r20, which I run currently. You have to lower the car to make the 20s look good though.

View attachment 80333

View attachment 80334
Thanks for the information provided! I appreciate it! Nice looking xB!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a set of factory 18 inch 2020
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate

Camry rims, tires, and lug nuts off a brand new car that a customer slightly curbed while on a test drive at the local dealership for $450. I know a guy that works there.
They fit perfectly and ride great with no rubbing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Question guys- I saw these Tc rims ( I think they are 17 inch) on Craigslist. I wanna buy em. They should fit a 2008-2015 Scion xb right? Bolt right up? What do y'all think?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle

Hair Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB manual BSP
4 Posts
That looks great! What a deal! I’ll check out CL, but I think you already found, and capitalized on, something that doesn’t happen that frequently! Nice xB!
Thanks! Its been a great car!

Yeah someone rattle can painted the wheels flat black so no one wanted them. I used easy off oven cleaner and some elbow grease to get the black off and they were in mint condition underneath! That's when it became a really good deal :)
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber Hubcap
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

View attachment 80333

View attachment 80334

I'm not as knowledgeable about widths and offsets as I wish I were for my xB. I'm considering US Steel Smoothie wheel - 18"x8" Will the 8" inch wheel fit without any problem? What offset should I go with? If there are options on the offset, what are they, and why? I look forward to hearing from you, and once again, nice car! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

View attachment 80333

View attachment 80334
I'm considering US Smoothie wheel - 18"x8". Will these fit without any problem? And can you give me some information on what offset to go with? If there are options on offset, what are they, and why? Again, I want to push the tires out - a little - with the sidewall perhaps slightly outside the fender line. Again, nice car you have there! I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts