Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some 195/45/15's, Taz Luis and Rodney helped me out with my interior cathode lights, Strup Headers, and a Red Toyota badge for the rear. The tires fit perfect on the car, no more rubbing. HIGHLY suggest this size for anyone wanting to run the 002, 205/50 was way too big. (I am dropped 2 inches also). My carbon fiber fender flares FINALLY came in, but I was dissappointed. Im getting them re-clearcoated and getting the insides sprayed in black. Im hoping they are on by Knotts Scion night. After those go on, Im done for this year. First thing on agenda for next year is header back custom piping by Bryan at Project Import in Orange. Still debating if im gonna run straight pipe a muffer, high flow cat, resonator, or both. I really want to go catless and run a 'test pipe'. We'll see. Heres some pics.

Are the Tanabes suppose to have that many dead coils?

·
Rubmeister
453 Posts
Mad props, looks great!

I would suggest Monroe sensatrac struts, would lower the front another .5" and help with the gap... back looks perfect.

So you have no rubbing with those tires at all in the back? Did you have to roll the fenders? Also, running any shims or spacers? I've been wary of the 002's because of all the reports of rubbing, but if it can be completely eliminated I might have to take the plunge :)

Also, love the badge... where did you find that? Goes great with the black/red theme you've got going there.

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The rear fenders are cut grinded and rolled. No spacers or shims yet, Im leaning toward getting some OTG camber. Im already running Monroes in the rear, the front just looks really high in the pics. Im planning on getting the front camber bolts as well. Im on a little more then 2 inch drop with Tanabes. The badge I picked up at projectimport.com, I dont think they are there on the site anymore, but they can get them and they have a few sitting in the store right now. Boxer- im looking on ebay everywhere for those center cap stickers, I need to find the perfect ones LOL.

When it comes down to it, with a 2 inch drop, rear fender rolling, and 195/45 (maybe 50 but I wouldnt push it) you can run these wheels.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice clean ride!

How much carbon fiber are you adding to the body? Might look good with the hood, or maybe just touches ie) rear bumper, gas cap, spoiler. Hope you end up putting some red neons or LEDs underneath. . .

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the carbon flares, just not on yet. im thinking an OEM style carbon hood. then either a carbon hatch or fab style wing. one or the other. too much carbon in the rear on black wont look good IMO.

·
Registered
192 Posts
what if you didnt cut grind and roll your fenders how would the 195/45s do with the rubbing if any??...im guessing still a lil rubbing but way less compared to 205/50?? and oh yeah any speedo odometer changes??

btw love tha red on black!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
lookin hot one of my boys has got the same color with same color wheels and bbist flares molded in looks f'in sick!! you could even get coils and drop even more.

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks thanks thanks! i dont think the 195/45 would rub if you didnt cut and grind. a good roll would be enough.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looking awesome Nick! Can't wait to see what's next.

·
Registered
192 Posts
nnnickkk said:
thanks thanks thanks! i dont think the 195/45 would rub if you didnt cut and grind. a good roll would be enough.[/QUOTE

thats great 2 hear...but how bout speedo n odo chnages?? any noticeable difference?? or who really gives a $h!t haha

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
mikkoxB said:
nnnickkk said:
thanks thanks thanks! i dont think the 195/45 would rub if you didnt cut and grind. a good roll would be enough.[/QUOTE

thats great 2 hear...but how bout speedo n odo chnages?? any noticeable difference?? or who really gives a $h!t haha
well i obviously don't care about function on my car!! look at my fender!

·
Registered
192 Posts
haha yeah thats exactly what i dont want to do 2 my fender i wanna dont wanna spend so much on fenders just to run these damn 002s lol

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
mikkoxB said:
haha yeah thats exactly what i dont want to do 2 my fender i wanna dont wanna spend so much on fenders just to run these damn 002s lol
if you roll em and get small tires you be fine. i have 16x9's with a 15 offset and a way too big tire. i've flares and air on the way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah once i get tha cash ill just run 195/45 ill most likely not give a damn about tha odo n speedo anyway but tha curiousity is still there lol damn OCD haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.