Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have some pics of my new speaker box that I'm building. It's not completely done yet, but here is what I have done so far.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It's going to look sweet!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. I still have a couple more pieces of MDF to put on, then the fiberglass fun begins. I'll keep updating the pics as I go.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Finally a box other than just a square stuck in the back. Im still working on mine, well im taking a break. I am trying to shape the port concave like the sub, covering with carbon fiber vinyl is going to be a beotch.

I got rid of the spare tire, your keeping it I suppose

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good. Yeah, I'm keeping the spare, you never know when you might need it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ghosthunter said:
Looking good. Yeah, I'm keeping the spare, you never know when you might need it.
Lose the weight :D ...AAA road service to the rescue! Check with your insurance carrier...a lot of them have it on their policy, but they fail to mention it to you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Alex. I'm hoping to have it in by KCIR. It might not be completely finished, but I might just have to set it in there to show off. It would help if I could work on it more. It's over at a friends house(the one that is doing most of the work on it) so it's kind of hard for me to do some of the work, like sanding, on it. We have only worked on it two days. I am going over tonight to work on it though.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
looks like you got a hell of a lot of sanding to do, are you using any air sanders?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Padanky said:
looks like you got a hell of a lot of sanding to do, are you using any air sanders?
Hell yes we are using air sanders. Luckily, from what sanding we have done so far, the box is smoother than I thought it would be. We are going to finish sanding the fiberglass tonight, and start applying the mud and then you will be able to get a better picture of what the final result will be. Hopefully, and I stress hopefully, we will be just about finished with it by the end of the weekend. Then I have to decide how I want to finish it off, paint or vinyl.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, we finished the fiberglass work, put on a coat of mud, did some smoothing out and shaping on it, then the second coat of mud was applied. That friend of mine has been doing some more sanding and shaping since Sunday, and I won't be able to get back over there until tomorrow. But I will put up more pics on Thursday to keep everyone updated on it. Tomorrow, we are going to do some of the trim work in the car so we can get that done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bondo would be another term for body filler. lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New pic of box

Here is a new pic of the box. Last night we did some major sanding and then started on some of the trim work on the back of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Awesome!

Can't wait to see this tomorrow.

BTW, although it will be more work, go with paint instead of wrapping it. I always feel that it looks like you're hiding something when you wrap fiberglass.

-Alex

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.