Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Danny
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna put some underbody lights on my xB2 and don't want to use the standard underbody kit because I only want one color so I am just getting some LED's from Oznium. My question is: should I just wire straight to the battery (which already has 2 12'' subs and amp wired to it plus some smaller led's in my interior) which makes me slightly uncomfortable because of all the stuff already there or wire through the fuse box? I feel like the fuse box is a 'cleaner' and safer cause I'll have a fuse, but idk how to wire to the fuse box. Basically
1. Underbody lights wire to battery or fuse box?
2. If fuse box, how?

·
Registered
445 Posts
run it to the battery with a switch the leds draw almost no power i ran interior lights exterior lights and a 3000 watt amp with two 12 inch subs and no lights dimming or anything you will be fine. If you wire it directly to the battery you can buy a fuse holder from autozone and splice it into the power wire you are using to power the under-glow that way you dont have to mess with the fuse box and u still have the safety of the lights being on a fuse just incase something was to go wrong

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,527 Posts
You do know that underbody kits are available in single colors as well. It is better to use them for the extra protection of the cover if you scrape on something.

As for powering LEDs there is a thick white constant power wire on the front of the fuse box that is good for tapping in to if you are confortable soldering wires. You will want to put a fuse on the line to protect the car from possible shorting if the wires outside the car get pinched. I've got all my LEDs (an underbody kit, 100 ft. of RGB LED strips, and about 500 seperate ones) running from this spot and it works great.

·
Danny
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Instead of tapping into the constant power, can I just hook up to an empty space in the fuse box itself and put a fuse in the box for protection? If so, how do I do that. If not, I guess I will be doing some wire splicing/battery tapping into.

Oh, nice, my computer didn't display 2009ledxb's post. (so ignore my above post, inline is a hybrid of the two) Awesome. So it looks like run it straight to the battery with an inline fuse. Will there be any problem since I already have my amp and subs hooked up the the battery or am I just gonna add onto the positive post on top of all that other stuff?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am looking at putting on some LED as well my, XB, my question is I already have my EASY STREET bags tide into the lighter what else can I tie my LED into becaue I want to put LED inside the car as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts