Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

under seat sub

24K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  xliljoejayb 
#1 ·
I know an 8 in. sub will fit under the two front seats, but i was wondering if 10's will fit?

#4 ·
#10 ·
EticketXb said:
Ran Out of room in the back Taz??????? Under the seat sounds like a good plan.........and maybe a custom amp rack above the air equip
It's getting tight, I have my sub box mounted on top of the air kit and my amps under the seats. Thinking the under seat boxes would be cool. I did a Google search on the company but came up dry. :confused:

#52 · (Edited)
i have a solution... cut the rear seats "middle seat" out.. then fit a permanent box in the middle allowing you to have the subs built into that even reverse style and then your rear seat that used to flip up as one.. or come out as one will come out as 2 after reapolstering the sides that were cut. that would give you room for subs that dont take up under the seats or the back area.
heck could even mount one of the amps to that thing too.

get what im saying?

kinda what they do with single cab trucks with the box as the center colum and its a L shape

like this kinda

could eve make it completly divide the 2 sides if you wanted

#11 · (Edited)
the retail is like 11 per box I think. my buddy got em on ebay for like 80 each.

I got em from him for the price of a brake job on his girls accord. so like 60 bucks or so to me. the subs i've had around for about 5 years now. never blown , always sounded good. they've been in 4 out of my 5 cars.

they stopped making a lot of stuff but the former/current company president says he will make custom ordered boxes.

here's his email his name is wayne eleprez06@yahoo.com

#13 ·
If you don't want to loose the under seat room, Schsche makes a sub and enclosure that mounts in the rear cargo area. It replaces the left side storage bin. You can reinstall the cargo cover over it and have a totally stealth install. I have one in my Box and it sounds great! It houses a single 10inch woofer that handles 250 Watts RMS.

#14 ·
I actually built mine to step up over the floor brace under the front of the seat.

I have a 12" Premier, facing down. Just like a Home theater sub...

Attachments

#15 ·
Rodek said:
If you don't want to loose the under seat room, Schsche makes a sub and enclosure that mounts in the rear cargo area. It replaces the left side storage bin. You can reinstall the cargo cover over it and have a totally stealth install. I have one in my Box and it sounds great! It houses a single 10inch woofer that handles 250 Watts RMS.
Yep!

Scosche custom-fit subwoofer enclosure with 10" sub

#23 ·
I did have two kicker 8's in the rear and they got covered up by wind noise with the windows down. Having my sub under the pass. seat really sounds good and you can't tell where it is coming from.

#26 ·
I am sure it does. The space under the passenger seat is enormous nearly 15x15x9 inches (the top of a box must narrow to 13 " the clear the seat adjuster) without losing much rear foot room. Both seats have the same space except under the driver some of it is used by the jack and bracket. The pic you copied is the driver side seat. It appears that the jack is still in place but maybe not, fit under the pass side would be easier still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.