Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now ive seen the shallow sub, the square kickers. could you do a normal 12" sub ( my old sony xplod 12" ) under the seat? or is there not enough room?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
the brave little toaster said:
now ive seen the shallow sub, the square kickers. could you do a normal 12" sub ( my old sony xplod 12" ) under the seat? or is there not enough room?
Don't think there is enough room. The sub needs atleast an inch between it and the floor. there is no more than a 1/2 inch between my shallow sub and the top of the box. There is only about 7 inches if that under the seat. My seat will not slide or function normally. It is locked in place, unless I am taking the box out, and that takes a little time.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've had custom made enclosures that fit under the front seats for well over two years now, and I've been running Arc Audio 10 inch subs w/ no problems. I'm actually running 3 of them off of a 1k watt Arc amp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too am running subs under my front seats, but I'm not as good as Dave and Brad. I only have 8's under my seats, but if you talk to anyone, I bump pretty damn hard with them.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
scionsniper said:
I too am running subs under my front seats, but I'm not as good as Dave and Brad. I only have 8's under my seats, but if you talk to anyone, I bump pretty damn hard with them.
WELCOME Tim!

Don't let Tim fool you guys, Dave and Tim have great sounding systems for what's in their xBs also!!!!!!!

(I just talked to Evildave about the other thing, and gave me the go ahead.)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would the 12 work? if so i would like some help with how to demension the box. or if it needs tens i wouldnt mind demesions you used for yours dave or brad. so brad, when u gonna come to another nvs meet? its been a while!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
so would the 12 work? if so i would like some help with how to demension the box. or if it needs tens i wouldnt mind demesions you used for yours dave or brad. so brad, when u gonna come to another nvs meet? its been a while!
I know its been a while. This month I may be able to towards the end. I just had surgery and driving a maunal is literally a pain right now since I had carpal tunnel surgery also. Soon though, as soon as I'm strong enuff to.

I can't really give dimensions for my box cause its multi-faceted. It is a box, sort of, but it was made to fit every crack and crevice under the stock seats. I'd have to disconnect my screens, and remove the seats to get the boxes out.

Some of the shallow 12s should work if the cubic foot requirements are the same as some 10s.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k. maybe ill get 10s lol. cuz my xplod is far from shallow. well hope you feel better soon brad. keep up the physical therapy and dont hurt yourself! u goin to j-town?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
k. maybe ill get 10s lol. cuz my xplod is far from shallow. well hope you feel better soon brad. keep up the physical therapy and dont hurt yourself! u goin to j-town?
Yeah, I'm going to J-town, and the day before I'm doing the SoCal squirrel express.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whew quite the drive. taking the family down there with ya or flyin solo?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
whew quite the drive. taking the family down there with ya or flyin solo?
Driving by myself, one day round trip.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right on. well ill see you at jtown. ill be showin off the toaster as well!

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i'm running pioneer 10's under mine. the pioneer shallow 12's would work but....... they won't hit that hard. they're a great compromise sub tho.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
anyone have pics of thier underseat subs? I'm thinking about running two Memphis 10" under the seat and I'm curious if the boxes will stick out from under the seats and cut into foot room

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Dew said:
anyone have pics of thier underseat subs? I'm thinking about running two Memphis 10" under the seat and I'm curious if the boxes will stick out from under the seats and cut into foot room

I have pics of mine on my Cardomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2107479

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.