Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the following for the wife RS3. Great deal I thought. Im going to install them in the interior up on the ceiling. I couldnt find cathodes in 36 or 48 or 60 inch lengths and the price was too good to pass up. I found them on price grabber, but on the http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=18114 they are listed at $62. The box was huge and peanuts out the a$$.

No orange for my RS1 but I ordered Red which looks orange from http://www.clubxb.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=29

Product: Pyle PLGR4UBK Green Neon Underbody Car Accent Lighting Kit
Manufacturer: Pyle
Part Number: PLGR4UBK
SKU: PLGR4UBK
Condition: New
Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $40.51
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total Shipping Cost: $13.86

Total Amount: $54.37

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I paid about the same for a set on eBay and they came with a module that does a light show. Easy to install just look at each of the cords on the lights, if they're like mine they each have a different length.

I don't get to use them except at meets and shows but I did 'em!

Edit: these are LED lights not neon.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skeeter said:
I picked up the following for the wife RS3. Great deal I thought. Im going to install them in the interior up on the ceiling. I couldnt find cathodes in 36 or 48 or 60 inch lengths and the price was too good to pass up. I found them on price grabber, but on the http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=18114 they are listed at $62. The box was huge and peanuts out the a$$.

No orange for my RS1 but I ordered Red which looks orange from http://www.clubxb.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=29

Product: Pyle PLGR4UBK Green Neon Underbody Car Accent Lighting Kit
Manufacturer: Pyle
Part Number: PLGR4UBK
SKU: PLGR4UBK
Condition: New
Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $40.51
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total Shipping Cost: $13.86

Total Amount: $54.37
I just realized I have a link to who knows, I meant to put this link in to neon source unlimited. Thats where I ordered my red/orange neon from.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I really like my neon. Quite bright at night. I run the 6 piece kit from HotGlow and it has survived one Iowa winter so far.

That price looks really good on the ones you got. Good luck with the install! Hardest part on mine was making every connection 100% water tight. Other than that it was pretty good.

-Alex

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
I really like my neon. Quite bright at night. I run the 6 piece kit from HotGlow and it has survived one Iowa winter so far.

That price looks really good on the ones you got. Good luck with the install! Hardest part on mine was making every connection 100% water tight. Other than that it was pretty good.

-Alex
I made all of my connections inside the cab. No exposure to the elements at all. (not a Honda pun)

·
Registered
208 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:

-Alex
any recommended sites or distributors for the HOTGLOW?

·
Registered
208 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I paid about the same for a set on eBay and they came with a module that does a light show. Easy to install just look at each of the cords on the lights, if they're like mine they each have a different length.

I don't get to use them except at meets and shows but I did 'em!

Edit: these are LED lights not neon.
i just purchased a set of LED's and was wondering what you mounted yours to? And did you drill into the frame/body?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
AAronInTheBox said:
i just purchased a set of LED's and was wondering what you mounted yours to? And did you drill into the frame/body?
There's a little bit of drilling just for the mounting holes. The wires can be run up through the drain plugs in the floor under the carpet. It's not too bad of a job. If you need a hand let me know. You still have the digits?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the first set is going in the interior, I may order another set and put them under or in the engine bay. The green is BRIGHT, I hooked them up to the dome light circuit. I may put them on a switch with the rest of the lighting. We shall see. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
There's a little bit of drilling just for the mounting holes. The wires can be run up through the drain plugs in the floor under the carpet. It's not too bad of a job. If you need a hand let me know. You still have the digits?
cool, thanks for the info. drain plugs? ok i can find em. i just installed my buddies last night and kind of winged it. haha. it worked out though, i'm just worried my box might be a little low, we'll see tonight though.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
AAronInTheBox said:
cool, thanks for the info. drain plugs? ok i can find em. i just installed my buddies last night and kind of winged it. haha. it worked out though, i'm just worried my box might be a little low, we'll see tonight though.
Cool, take pics.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well the neon is installed in the interior, heres some pics of my RS1, I will have to get some pics of the wifes RS3. Taking these pics was a pain in da assssss!!!! Click on the images

Front 12in cold cathode

Back 12in cold cathode

Ceiling with under car neon

Door 4in cold cathode

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have always preferred streetglow LED lights I had them on my old car and they never stopped working. I sold that car with them on there. I was thinking of orange on my RS3 too, hehe. Was goning to have scion do there interior ones but i didnt like there colors. Anyone have them and how do they look?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Skeeter said:
Well the neon is installed in the interior, heres some pics of my RS1, I will have to get some pics of the wifes RS3. Taking these pics was a pain in da assssss!!!! Click on the images

Skeeter, looks like you're a member of the "red light district" now. :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.