Which spring should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one will give me the best ride for the money?!?

·
Registered
72 Posts
thats an easy one. the progress is by far the nicer ride...i mean by far. I owned both and when i had the goldlines i told people the ride was pretty good....but its only because i didn't have any experience with others to compare them to. Its night and day

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Well, I guess I'm partial to Goldlines. I'm more than satisfied with the 2" drop, plus the "No sag" warranty was a biggie for me personally. That's JMO. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Im partial to Goldlines too....and I have driven on other springs and I still like GL...the drop is too hot to pass up! lol

Know anyone with any other springs you could take a ride with a check it out??

·
Registered
23 Posts
my be i can be some help. i just put some sprint springs 2'' drop on my xb and it rides nice and i live in Pa. there are alot of bump,pot holes,road kill and a lot of other **** that i can't think of right now and for the the price you can't go wrong. i got them for 220.00 but i think i seen them for 180.00 on ebay. it will make your xb look so much better with a set of 18's on it. and they are so e z to put on it takes about 2 or 3hr. to install them, good luck. randy smooth

·
Registered
612 Posts
Are you talking about comfort, handling, or looks?

I can't imagine any springs/stock shock combo being really comfy, so just go for the lowest drop you can find. I used to have Goldline, but I've since gone coilovers because I wanted to get rid of the gap....

·
Registered
612 Posts
My Goldlines never sagged and the ride was fairly decent apart from not matching the stock dampening very well - then again, no lowering spring does. If I had to do springs again, I'd probably go with Tanabe df210 - mainly because it has the lowest drop.

I am assuming Progress might ride better esp. since the rear shocks would be compressed less, but for me, I don't mind a slightly harsher ride for a better looking stance.

Bottom line, if you want the best stance, get Goldline or Tanabe df210. IMO, lower is better. If you want a nice ride, start looking into shocks.

If you are looking into great handling, I'd get the Progress suspension set (springs and rear anti-swaybar). I've only heard great things about the swaybar, and I imagine the matching springs would work great together.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i agree with what your saying. I actually never said anything about the Tanabe df210's. They aren't that bad. I am however giving advice based off experience. I ditched all the springs i've used for a coilover in the end.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I was curious after installing my Goldlines to see if they had sagged. (I'm a pessimist.) But no, they had not. I do like the sound of the Tanabe's cause from what I've read they offer the lowest drop. But my box is my daily, and I have a rather steep driveway, so I'll just stick with the Goldlines. I feel I got my money's worth.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I still think you should get Progress, My friends have used various other companies and they still compliment my ride with the Progress Springs. They say its alot smoother and more enjoyable because of the absorbtion on the bumps. If you hadnt bought your Goldlines check out Progess man, Im telling you your gona get your money out of it and more.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Tein S-Techs.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
great i'm 50-50... help please!
In the end, it's got to be your decision, my friend. Seems like a win-win situation either way you go. Maybe you can make yourself a list of pros and cons based on what's been posted, factor in the cost of each, look at warranties......... make it easy on yourself. It is your box and your money! Good luck, let us know! :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Honestly Progress IMO is the better of the products. Progress is a great company who makes outstanding products and is there for you no matter what. Progress has a lifetime warrenty...i found my box of springs and i saw the warrenty. They ride far better than any springs out on the market. But either way you yourself has to make the decision. IMO Progess is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Hmm, survey seems to be in favor of the Goldlines at this point, 7 to 5.....

What's the verdict? I still feel it's a win-win situation either way you go!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.