Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to two-tone my ride. I think it will add to my high class look I'm after. I have even purchased a trim set in poliched stainless to separate the colors.

My xB is BCP. Color choices so far are BCP over black, and champaign (silver with a hint of gold) over BCP.

I'd also like some recommendations on where to get the work done. Since I'm not painting door jams, is it ok to use Maaco?

Let me know.

·
Registered
759 Posts
go to 3 or 4 diff body shops and ask lots of ????? one maaco may be diff from the
other the name of a place is not going to paint your car its the peeps who work there and look at the cars they are working on at the time.. the place i am have do my work does limo's mostly ..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a place in town here that does interior and exterior work, they installed my canvas sunroof and did excellent work.

I'd love to get the paint work done by them I just know they will want too much. I'll check out local Maaco shops first, get a feel for the kind of work they turn out. I had an old Bug painted by a shop that did excellent work, but apparently they aren't in business anymore because I couldn't find them.

Any more input people have would be great, especially color choices. I'm totally in love with champaign on top, but I'm sure there are color choices I haven't explored yet.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Honestly itll depend on the shop. I have a buddy that worked at Maaco who I trusted that did my two-tone. Unfortunately he no longer works there, but it was good deal for me. Im having some fun photoshops as we speak with your car. Ill probably send ya a PM before too long about it!

scotty

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would highly suggest getting the jams done if you are going to do it. If you are going to paint your car and not paint the jams it just won't look complete imo.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I agree with Jon ESPECIALLY if you get the bottom painted in two tone. Ive never had anyone comment on mine (no jams), but then again white/silver are close, and I only did the top. With BCP and anything, jams are a must.

scotty

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sold on the white yet. I think I want to add another color so to speak. Maybe an off-white or cream color.

I want to take advantage of this color and do something that really screams class.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Im loving that Champagne on the bottom. Thats pretty hot. No the blue. lol.

That black is nice though too. I think the champagne still wins though. Thats gangsta. Also, Id like to interject Im not a fan of the color coming all the way through the bumper. I think it looks best when it ends on the headlight. Plus, if you ever want a new bumper or something, itll be easier to change. Looks like some good photoshops though!

scotty

·
Registered
325 Posts
Second last one is sharp also. The one with the creme colored sides.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like the off-white on the bottom as well, but I think it takes away from the wheels. I'm going to leave the bottom dark, probably the BCP.

The top I will paint off-white, cream, champaign, or maybe even TCM. Those are the colors I'm going to play around with on photoshop next.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.