Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are wanting to do this. Release 2.0 Yellow xB had what seems to be just a cover put on with lights added. This company here seems to reproduce them in the carbon look, (yuck) but id think they can be painted.
They are called xB mirror covers. Ive put an email in to ask about the LED, if they are the type that last for many years etc... They havent replied yet, Bling Lights has a sticky on type, im probably just getting them as they do warantee them for the life of the car, saying the LED do not burn out and are much cheaper, ive run the wires for the ebay versions for 8 bucks, FYI, they are fugn trash and do not buy them. Pay for bling lights per the lifetime replacement deal...

Wasnt so much fun running the wire through the door wire tube things. Use a coat hanger and make a tiny loop at the end. Put the wire through the loop and pull enough wire through it so that you can hold the wire as you jam the rig through the tube, slowly of course and help it along bending the hanger, etc etc... Was kinda a ***** but sure was nicer then painting replacement mirrors that are also hard to find on feebay. Ive seem them go as high as 200 bucks per side. Ouch...

My next trick, after asking the police will be to put turn signal lights into the side skirt caps, replacing the caps with white ones sprayed amber and or red, then wiring bulbs into that area... woooooo!
Your welcome!

s-l1600.jpg
yhst-56432672384263_2271_760031261.jpg

·
Registered
366 Posts
I did 2012 sport pwr blinker side mirror upgrade on my 2008 Tacoma regular cab that did not come that way and had to manually run the wiring like you talk about but on the 04 xb I will not be doing this. Same reason I won't do it on my Mazda.....it already has blinker on the front fender. Not really seeing the need for mirror, fender, side skirt and one by headlight all going at same time......on mine. But yeah, I say go for it and do yours your way.......just post up pics so we can check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts