Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's legal to have red turn signals in the back, but what about the front? Could I have red turns in the front and on the sides? Hoping Squirel could help me out with this one :D

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
nope, only yellow/orange for the front turn signal. i've seen many people did a white turn signal but i think they are illegal...

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know the white is illegal, but I was just curious since the back can be red if the front can. I figure it is illegal since pretty much everything in Cali is illegal lol

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
lol, thats true. and the reason you cant have red on the front is because other drivers might think that you are a cop.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Ok, for the front turn signals/hazard lights, they must flash either white or yellow. Most Police Officers think its only yellow. And for the rear, it can be either red or yellow.

It doesn't matter what the bulb lkooks like, it only matters when it is on or flashing.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
That is also why people get stopped for having the windshield washer squirters that light up.

Technically, anything that is change that is not OEM can be cited under the CA Vehicle Code, a long as it is on a public roadway. On private property, such as a meet, and such, you can basically have anything on your car.

That is why at HIN in Los Angeles a few months back, peeps were being stopped a few blocks from the venue when they were leaving. Or having the vins checked before leaving the venue.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
So, if I clear my H/L's and just run a clear bulb for the turn signal, I'll be okay? I do like the look w/o the amber lens, but I don't need to get stopped all the time because I want to make my lights to look symetrical.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i cleared mine as long as the light emits white or amber your cool i have a blue bulb that is a hyperwhite and i never get problems i even ask if its cool

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
bluebb05 said:
i cleared mine as long as the light emits white or amber your cool i have a blue bulb that is a hyperwhite and i never get problems i even ask if its cool
Now I just have to decide if I want to break out the amber lens (I know you can do it, Chris), or try the oven method........ :confused:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
So, if I clear my H/L's and just run a clear bulb for the turn signal, I'll be okay? I do like the look w/o the amber lens, but I don't need to get stopped all the time because I want to make my lights to look symetrical.
Yep, 25950(A) VC states front lights must be white or yellow.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay dtrain, you do it first and tell me how you did it and how it went lol :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
mybadbox said:
Just break it break it real good :D
I have to do it right, gonna do it on your stocks! :D :D :D I'm still thinking of something that can bust up the lens, but not make any scratches.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i did mine charles and jess i will do em man i am off till tues so let me know when you wanna meet up and do it!! it will take about an hour all you need is a small flathead screwdriver a baby towel and hammer i know it sounds dangerous or if you want i will trade you but i got scrathes in mine ok let me know it sucks being the first i didnt use a towel then i got on baby nick on charles's then when i did jess's it was perfect so i got the touch now let me know man

·
Registered
178 Posts
well im in illinois and they dont care so my lights are all green except the rear sides cant find clears and to lazy to make'em

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
clearing the headlights takes them out of being complaint w/ the DOT. when you clear the front headlights, you are essentially removing the reflector in the housing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.