Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, ive been looking up some turbos and stuff, just to get an idea of the possible upgrades i can do, and what do you guys think about turboing your toaster? Is it worth it, if you go ahead and work out the kinks? In other words, if the turbo runs good, what can you expect for the power gain?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lucky110 said:
Just wondering, ive been looking up some turbos and stuff, just to get an idea of the possible upgrades i can do, and what do you guys think about turboing your toaster? Is it worth it, if you go ahead and work out the kinks? In other words, if the turbo runs good, what can you expect for the power gain?
if you are willing to run it regularly at the track it might be worth it.

I guess they are giving somewhere around 35-55hp, S/C.
Not sure on the turbo's.

Not much hp for 3-4 grand. then you have to screw around with regularly.

I've thought about it, ecspecially when someone pulls up to me and wants to mess around. Then BAM, suprise!

Someone Correct me, I haven't done alot of homework on the subject. Just a little.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are some pics of the turbo kit I made for my Xbox. The kit made about 50HP at 5 PSI. Check it out, and tell me what you guys think.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys, to be honest with you, it is a lot of fun to drive, everyone knows how slow the little box is, Its actually my daily driver, since its been turbo ive put about 10,000 miles on it, with no problems, the only problem was the clutch slipping(stock one), the kit runs 5 psi so with that low boost we didnt have to add a ton of fuel to kill the driveabilit. Im working on a return set up now to try and bring up the boost to about 8 psi. I will be at the Scion meet this weekend in Miami if any one wants to see it in person or has any questions.

Thanks,
Brendan
PSIRacing

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im gonna start saving up now, so in like a year when i cann afford to get a turbo it will be worth it lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lucky110 said:
im gonna start saving up now, so in like a year when i cann afford to get a turbo it will be worth it lol
Prices might drop in a year also.

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
hey man

i checked out the kit at psi any word in price i am interested but will pipe over engine clear my strut brace hit me back----------------synapse

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
when is TRD gonna release the TC for the xB ( way too many acrhonims for the short sentence :p :p
I know the TRD-Japan turbo set-up won;t won't work because the ECUs aren't compatible. But, I do know that TRD-USA did fab up one set-up w / an intercooler. Not much is known about the set-up, but it was out there, and has since been removed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
PSI, yours looks really nice and clean as opposed to mine. :D

But I'm not much into showing my car at this point...so I guess I can slowly work out the looks...I just want to get the functionality at 100%...I'm kinda at 90%.

·
Registered
99 Posts
psi said:
Here are some pics of the turbo kit I made for my Xbox. The kit made about 50HP at 5 PSI. Check it out, and tell me what you guys think.

I read on the psiracing site that the turbo you are using is a Garrett t3? Ok, i have a chance to trade an old grand am with an engine knock for a Garrett gt 35...he says its a t3, but i can't get to the Garrett website to check it out.:mad: I have had one person tell me that this turbo is too big, any help you can offer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Turbo...

Hey Thanks for the inquiry, the gt35 will be to big, is it a gt35r, if so im sure its worth some money, and you can get the turbo you can use. The turbo im using is a standard T3 turbine wheel, Stage 1 with .36 turbine housing, basically the smallest T3 wheel to get the boost up quick, let me know if you do wanna go with a t3 and I will help you size it up.

Thanks,
Brendan

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey brendan i dont know if u remember me but we have talked in the past...did u guys ever end up putting the kit into production?? I sold my turbo box back in October, but if you have any questions about the return line setup feel free to hit me up. Im sure you know what your doing over there but like i said, dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.

-Vito

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.