Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Like installation as it is happening type picture, or pictures of the kits after they were installed?

You can check with the smaller manufacturers like Turbo Toyotas and ZPI for pictures of their kits after installation.

For the bigger guys like Greddy and HKS, you'll probably have a harder time of it. Your best bet is just searching the different Scion forums, as well as google.

·
Registered
974 Posts
What I mean is you need to research the basics of how this all works then you wouldn't need to ask for pics on how to or where to locate the turbo.

Check out www.hmt.com also check out www.amazon.com for books on turbocharging.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Another thing I want to add.

I'm not comming in here trying to put you down or insult you. What I'm trying to say is it sounds like you want to jump head first into a turbo install and I'm advising you to know the basics first.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yes, as with any modification, even an intake, it's a good idea to know what you're doing, as you're changing the way the motor works.

Building the turbo kit itself isn't the difficult part, especially when you have a grocery list, like on the homemade turbo site. After that, it's getting all the tubing bent and fitted, the custom parts made, and finding a fuel management system that will suit your needs.

Then comes the fun part, tuning! You're going to spend countless hours on a dyno to make sure you get things correct, and to make sure you don't prematurely detonate.

Anyways, you're off to a good start with the turbo itself.....Enjoy the next steps and keep us updated! Though, please do as ctruss says, get a book or two, or even jump onto howstuffworks and you'll at least get a better understanding of what's happening!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.